Polarizer advice

Hey

I am a complete novice when it comes to photography but was looking into getting a polarizer for my Olympus C765-UZ.

I realise that I need a Lens Adapter Tube but how do I tell which kind/size for sure? Is it possible to use different types as from googling I've seen some people using a 52mm polarizer and others a 55mm, what is the difference between the two?

thanks in advance.

the 52mm and 55mm refers to the diameter of your lens. Check to see if your lens has a screw fit and what size it is.

But I've seen both sizes being talked about in regards to the same camera, so I was assuming it was the size of the lens adapter tube at the end which you would attach filters too?

This is the only info about the lens on the camera itself.

c765-top.jpg

The Canon 18-55mm is not a true USM lens. It has a micro-USM motor, which is slower and noisier than true USM lenses.

I don't know how the Nikkor's AF compares to higher grade AF-S lenses.

I have no idea, looks like you have to buy the one specially made for your camera that you can screw in

I found out that there are other ones that would fit, but according to users at dpreview the Olympus one gives you a lot more flexability with changing different lesnses in the future. Thanks for your help :)

I ordered the Olympus lens adapter and a Hoya 55mm circular polarizer, I can't wait to get my hands on them. :D