IE7.0 beta 2 Refresh

Yeh sorry i quoted wrong build number.

PS: That uninstall trick didnt work for me. apparently i'll have to do a system restore to get the old build off of my sys. bad bad beta. Ive asked for more alternates to uninstall than using sys restore as ive done several modifications to my sys during the time i installed this preview.

I don't know what it is but I really don't like the appearance of the tabs in IE7. Moving the refresh button to the end of the address bar might be quite logical but now the navigation buttons are spread around the page, rather than in a central position like before. Also, there are too many buttons on the tabs row, which doesn't exactly leave much space for the tabs. I guess I was just hoping for more - it's a bit like another IE6 or the SP2 update... sure it improves upon the previous versions but it doesn't really move the browser forward, it just adds a few features that have been standard in other browsers for a long time. I do like the search button though, it looks really professional and more what I'd expect from Microsoft.

I don't know what's happening with Vista... they were planning all sorts of 3D abilities and new rendering technologies, so that is more what I was expecting from an IE update, though that seems to have been a bit quiet recently. I know Microsoft has to appeal to an incredibly large amount of users but they can afford to take a few more risks as the new Office interface has proved.

Is anyone STILL having problems with McAfee? Please reply as I want to know it's not just me.

As far as I can see, there are a number of good fixes:

* Opening a tab group works better now (only partially worked before)

* it does seem faster

* it is better on the ACID2 test than the last build

* opening links in pages opens a tab right next to the originating tab - nice touch - before they were added to the end of the group of tabs

Thats all I have found in a five minute look - it is definitely improving

Live mail still doesnt work with it - correct?

Dont want it.

hmm, windows live mail has *always* worked with IE7 - has on my box anyway :yes:

New things I noticed, you can now set it so that when you open a new tab window yourself it will go to your homepage instead of just a blank page, You can now also decide if you want new tabs to be open to the right or the left of older open tabs.

It also looks more stable and faster.

Would you say this beta is stable enough to be using for every day browsing or should I wait another month or so? Reason I ask is because I wanted to install it to use the engine in Maxthon.

Again. Picture of your Today page in Live mail.

Is there any reason why you like this page? Personally I prefer the inbox page, as that's the main reason I go on live mail. Oh well, to each their own :).