IE7.0 beta 2 Refresh

anybody got a virtual C runtime problem when browsing a site that needs java runtime?

I have visited several sites with java applets and I'm yet to experience any problems, make sure you have the latest version of Java installed; perhaps uninstalling re-installing Java might fix your problem?

Would you say this beta is stable enough to be using for every day browsing or should I wait another month or so? Reason I ask is because I wanted to install it to use the engine in Maxthon.

I had been using IE7 for months and I would say it is pretty stable. from normal basic websites to high security bank websites. its functioning properly.

Would you say this beta is stable enough to be using for every day browsing or should I wait another month or so? Reason I ask is because I wanted to install it to use the engine in Maxthon.

Easily stable and fast enough for me! (Y)

Guess they added ie7 support to live mail in the new version, because I would get the same message I get with Firefox.

Well, all I know is that it isn't working here. Didn't on the last build, and doesn't on the new one. I wonder if it's related to which Hotmail server you're on, I'm on Bay107.

Im unable to uninstall the old ctp.

Those who were able to uninstall: Did u have system restore disabled?

Cuz mine is, and i fear thats what is causing me not to be able to uninstall the old beta.

Im unable to uninstall the old ctp.

Those who were able to uninstall: Did u have system restore disabled?

Cuz mine is, and i fear thats what is causing me not to be able to uninstall the old beta.

Hmm I had system restore disabled and I was able to uninstall it, what's the exact error you get when you try to uninstall the old build?

I did see the Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview button under add/rem and upon clicking it, i was prompted that this program no longer exists would you like to remove this icon from this list.

So i moved to second remove option which didn't work either.

Manually browsed to %windir%\$NtUninstallie7b2pmx$\ but the folder doesn't exist.

Either sys restore casued that folder not to be created or ccleaner humped me.

Saadu perhaps if you could re-install the old version, then uninstall it might fix it but I'm not sure.

Ely i tried that, both the old and new version of the installer say that u must first uninstall the program but i cant uninstall if the uninstaller doesnt exist. The admin over at ieblogs said a reinstall of windows (not a repair) should fix it. Im hoping i can avoid that.

PS: soem others have also been having the same issue.

I want to confirm if you all ran ccleaner? also if ur sys restore was disabled? also did u try the standalone ie7 before installing official ctp1?

I like the new build. I only wish IE7 had the plugin features firefox has, and I only wish Firefox had the same interface for RSS as IE7 does. I want to combine the two!

A creative solution from ie7blog:

Install ie7 (first ctp) to another machine and salvage $NtUninstallie7b2pmx$ dir to your system, then put it in ur windir and run that command. I would do that except dont have a test dummy machine.

Anyone willing to zip me their $NtUninstallie7b2pmx$ dir if they havent yet put the march 20 on their sys?

"Today is the first day of the MIX06 conference. Internet Explorer team members are presenting this week on much of the work we've done for IE7. As part of the conference, we're handing out the "Internet Explorer 7 Readiness Toolkit" on CD. This toolkit has a roll up of the IE7 information we've published previously and some new features for those attending MIX06."

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/default.mspx