Accepted for Vista!

I recived an invite email from Microsoft this morning, Windows Longhorn, Windows Longhorn Sever and Internet Explorer 7 for XP, I went straight to the Microsoft Connect website and submitted the invite, i filled out the survey and submitted it.

I went straight to downloads and i noticed all the previous Beta's and CTP's were there from Beta 1, even in different languages, there were even product keys from the previous Beta's and CTP's.

I downloaded the current CTP and product key i couldn't find the Ultimate key but instead i used the buiness edition key, if any of you's recived an invite recently Microsoft gives you an option to Download the media from the Connect site and have your name entered into a prize draw from a chance to go to the launch of Windows Vista all expenses paid by Microsoft and a free copy of Windows Vista.

Now that would be great, would any of you's go?

is it to late to attempt to sign up?

how long did it take? (from time of emailing the blogger to time of receiving email of acceptance)

it's not too late when they send you the invite email they tell you, that it has to be submitted before beta 2, it took 2 weeks for the invite to come through after emailing the blogger.

Good luck guys obviously once you email the blogger there is no guarentee's that you would get on the beta, i think its just pot luck that you get in or not.

Once you get the invite Microsoft tell you that you must fill in the survey within 30mins or the invite will expire dont ask me why but i think Microsoft are close to releasing beta 2 of Vista therefor they want all the potential beta testers indentified first.

it's not too late when they send you the invite email they tell you, that it has to be submitted before beta 2, it took 2 weeks for the invite to come through after emailing the blogger.

ok... thanks! ... there is still hope....

I've sent an e-mail earlier today, I hope I get the incvite :)

I'm really looking forward to Windows Vista and I wonder about its RAM requirements - The Inquire keeps posting ~800MB of RAM required after startup, which I find impossible (I've seen beta1 on a friends computer and it ate ~400MB of 1GB RAM - I guess it's going to be further optimized for the final version instead of increase).

Commented and E-mailed!

We should do something nice for this guy in return, its not like someone does this everyday this is really nice this guy did this!

I can't wait to get in to the beta program!