New Revolution Pics From GDC

Nope, incorrect. Those ports you mentioned are on the top side of the console, as you can see in this pic from IGN:

igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023043410.jpg

The slot below the disc should be for SD cards, and possibly the DVD-movie dongle. The rest of what you said is acurate, though.

So, imagine you have 4 normal gamecube controllers connected to the ports. So if you accidentally over pull the controller, the revolution will just fall and crack? Or can you actually put the revo in another position?

I KNEW IT! Ok pplz pay up now ;)

either that or its what nintendo is gonna call there online service...

There have been a few theories, one, which I personally prescribe to, is that "Nintendo Go" is the internet service they will be providing. As of now it is currently unnamed, and would be akin to the Xbox Live service, as "Nintendo Wi-Fi" isn't too catchy.

So, imagine you have 4 normal gamecube controllers connected to the ports. So if you accidentally over pull the controller, the revolution will just fall and crack? Or can you actually put the revo in another position?

you can put it down flat instead of having it on the stand if you want.

I forsee the "Go" to be a weak system. Xbox 360/PS3 have blu-ray, HD, wireless ports etc which Nintendo won't.... Nintendo was always behind in the technology. Why can't they make a powerful system like possibly PS3 or 360 instead of focusing on "fun, party games" that have catroonish graphics...Its a shame since Nintendo is the console veteran and Microsoft/Sony are new at this but have surpassed Nintendo with every console release...Pitty

I forsee the "Go" to be a weak system. Xbox 360/PS3 have blu-ray, HD, wireless ports etc which Nintendo won't.... Nintendo was always behind in the technology. Why can't they make a powerful system like possibly PS3 or 360 instead of focusing on "fun, party games" that have catroonish graphics...Its a shame since Nintendo is the console veteran and Microsoft/Sony are new at this but have surpassed Nintendo with every console release...Pitty

Okay, so umm, firstly, Xbox 360 doesn't use Blu-ray, it uses the same size DVDs as the Revolution.

Secondly, all three systems have wireless controllers.

Thirdly, N64 and GameCube were more powerful than their competitors (bar Xbox).

Why can't they make a powerful system like possibly PS3 or 360 instead of focusing on "fun, party games" that have catroonish graphics...

So fun games are bad now? :rofl:

Friend 1: "Hey, want to go play a depressing game?"

Friend 2: "Sure, I didn't want to have fun anyway. That's the kiddy way."

So fun games are bad now? :rofl:

Friend 1: "Hey, want to go play a depressing game?"

Friend 2: "Sure, I didn't want to have fun anyway. That's the kiddy way."

LOL, that made my day !!

"Revolution owners will be able to relive their past gaming glories from the Sega Genesis console by playing a "best of" selection from more than 1,000 Genesis titles, as well as games sold for the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). These games join Revolution's access to 20 years of fan-favorite Nintendo games from the NES?, Super NES? and Nintendo? 64 eras".

OMG!!! Xbox Live Arcade got nothing against th:) :)

how so? the super nintendo was more powerful than the genesis, the N64 was more powerful than the PSX and Saturn (too bad it was still using cartridges :pinch:) and the gamecube was in the middle

i'm looking forward to the revolution more than any other next gen console, hell i even had a 360 and sold the thing

"Revolution owners will be able to relive their past gaming glories from the Sega Genesis console by playing a "best of" selection from more than 1,000 Genesis titles, as well as games sold for the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). These games join Revolution's access to 20 years of fan-favorite Nintendo games from the NES?, Super NES? and Nintendo? 64 eras".

OMG!!!

it's official, the revolution will kick ass lol more than 1000 genesis title (plus NES, SNES etc:drool:ol:

it's official, the revolution will kick ass lol more than 1000 genesis title (plus NES, SNES etc) :drool:

I can do all that on my original Xbox haha. Pretty cool for them to finally build it in though. I'm kind of surprised that Sega gave licensing to Nintendo, but then again, they were probably the only company to ask for it.

Nintendo is commited to creating a development environment that lets developers and publishers expand and express themselves. In a few weeks, you will play and see and understand our philosophy.

Final dev kit maybe? I read that some have gone out, but not to all devs, and on top of that it was just temporary, so I'm guessing that's what he's refering to since he is addressing a developer crowd.

Edited by Betaz

I do all that on my original Xbox haha. Pretty cool for them to build it in though. I'm kind of surprised that Sega gave licensing to Nintendo, but then again, they were probably the only company to ask for it.

yea well i can do all that and more with my pc....oh wait...its not exactly legal though....and lots of "casual" gamers will never do it....so this will bring them those classics

Well there goes another useless keynote by Nintendo :p So much for getting any new information. They sure are keeping quiet about everything.

yea well i can do all that and more with my pc....oh wait...its not exactly legal though....and lots of "casual" gamers will never do it....so this will bring them those classics

Yeah, uhh... anyway, thanks for stating the obvious. I was throwing it in there to make a point. The point being that it's nice that someone finally built it into the system. The point wasn't that I do it or don't do it on my Xbox, and the legality of it. I edited a word or two in my original post so that you can perhaps see the point even easier now.

Edited by Betaz