Computer (DVI) > TV (HDMI)

Starting off, I have this TV :

51F510_xl.jpg

The Hitachi 51F510

If I use the DVI out on my Nvidia Geforce 6800GT and use a DVI to HDMI cable, would I get really good resolution on the TV? Like could I use the native resolution of the TV and set that out on my Geforce so its 100% perfect and not blurry at all?

If so.. What resolution? The TV is HDTV 1080i... Any idea guys?

Thanks!

You shouldn't get any quality loss, meaning if you set your computer to 1080i, you'll get 1080i. Although I'd be careful about using the computer too much on that set, particularly static images since that's a CRT and is susceptible to burn-in.

Although I'd be careful about using the computer too much on that set, particularly static images since that's a CRT and is susceptible to burn-in.

Exactly what I was going to mention. Unless you're only watching movies or playing games, you'ld be nuts to hook up anything with a static screen area (think taskbar) to that set.

I plan on using Media Center Edition.. Like the Whole Music, Movies, Photos thing..

The TV is to watch tv on, but when i want media from my computer.. then I would use it.. After how long use of the taskbar being there would burn in start to happen?

When I hook it up using S-Video right now, it looks like complete and utter crap. What I want to know, will i be able to set the resolution so basically it looks like it would on a computer screen? Native and Pretty :)

ahh! like this :

IMG_2679.jpg

Edited by Rob.Baker

You should be able to set the res, but you definitely have to be careful of static images like the media center logo and such. I wouldn't leave it on the menu for more than 15 minutes.

You should be able to set the res, but you definitely have to be careful of static images like the media center logo and such. I wouldn't leave it on the menu for more than 15 minutes.

Interesting... I def was going to hook up my pc to my new sxrd as well... I am guessing I could run into the same problem with static images?

Interesting... I def was going to hook up my pc to my new sxrd as well... I am guessing I could run into the same problem with static images?

Nope. Digital projection sets don't have any problems with burn in.

Probibly wont be left that long either.

Lets say burn in did happen, is there any way to replace the parts that were ruined?

Probibly wont be left that long either.

Lets say burn in did happen, is there any way to replace the parts that were ruined?

Burn-in affects the phosphors of the screen, so if burn-in occurs, the only way to fix it is to replace the screen, which in most cases is not worth it. I have no problems with Media Center on my CRT tv, those don't burn in much if at all anymore. I've left the media center menu up for hours at a time! Plasma however is different, images linger for quite a while, but it's not perminant unless it were left for a long period of time. Projection televisions can be (but not neccessarily will be) succeptable to burn-in too. So I guess see how it goes, and if you notice any defects that linger for days, especially if they appear when the screen is off, lessen the time spent viewing static images.

one time I left my hosue for a whole night with my tv on + dvd player on and it said "samsung digitall" on the screen the whole night (the logo)..

i dont believe any harm was done..