Which Linux has XGL?

and one last question (or one of the last ones :) ), in XGL to be able to use the zoom feature, it says i have to push the super-button (or similar named) and use the scroll on mouse. which is that button (super-button)? i tried the windows button, but didnt work.

and one last question (or one of the last ones :) ), in XGL to be able to use the zoom feature, it says i have to push the super-button (or similar named) and use the scroll on mouse. which is that button (super-button)? i tried the windows button, but didnt work.

taciboy, meet linux keyboard hell.

I have no idea what key you're refering too. It could be one of the meta keys, such as alt, control, or shift. It could also be the "pull down menu" key (I have no idea what the proper name is). If you're using KDE, you can find out what the mappings of the different meta keys are in the Control Center. Sorry I can't give you a more exact answer.

(I've been using linux for almost 10 years and still can't get the keyboard to behave the same way it does in Windows. Foobar!)

taciboy, meet linux keyboard hell.

I have no idea what key you're refering too. It could be one of the meta keys, such as alt, control, or shift. It could also be the "pull down menu" key (I have no idea what the proper name is). If you're using KDE, you can find out what the mappings of the different meta keys are in the Control Center. Sorry I can't give you a more exact answer.

(I've been using linux for almost 10 years and still can't get the keyboard to behave the same way it does in Windows. Foobar!)

ok. thanks anyway :)

and what about that "start menu"? which linux contain it? it would be the best if that linux would containt this "start menu" and the XGL.

That menu is part of the SUSE...I'm not sure if it's installed by default but there is an RPM package in the repositories.

there was a "key editor" in kororaa xgl live cd, so i could give new key combinations to zoom :)

there is only ntfs-read support in linux? and not ntfs-write, right?

When Suse Linux will contain XGL, i will install it and use it, that would be the best combination for me!

there was a "key editor" in kororaa xgl live cd, so i could give new key combinations to zoom :)

When Suse Linux will contain XGL, i will install it and use it, that would be the best combination for me!

yeah only ntfs read, and if you are waitng for xgl to come with suse you could be wating a long time. you migth as well just get suse 10 now and then whenever xgl comes with it you can do a reinstall :)

That menu is part of the SUSE...I'm not sure if it's installed by default but there is an RPM package in the repositories.

That thing looks awfully like ICEWM or some other WM instead of GNOME/KDE that ships per default.

And as a comment you can install XGL on just about every distribution - no one would ship it per default as it is still considered Alpha material at best. It's very unstable (depending on your hw/drivers) and definitely FAR from being production quality.

There is NTFS Write support via a fuse driver (Knoppix 5 comes with it), but i would not recommend using it unless you have all your data backed up.

and if you are waitng for xgl to come with suse you could be wating a long time.

suse linux 10.1 beta 8 comes with xgl demo. :yes:

Edited by taciboy

suse linux 10.1 beta 8 comes with xgl. :yes:

but thats not final is it? i personally wouldnt want to use something like this that is so important when it isnt even finished

but thats not final is it? i personally wouldnt want to use something like this that is so important when it isnt even finished

no, its not final, its xgl demo. i edited my post, sorry.

gentoo. but if all you want is xgl theres a live cd that has xgl ready to go and you dont even gotta install anything

you are talking about kororaa live cd, right?

New beta of Vidalinux, a Gentoo based distro with the Anaconda installer comes with XGL and Compiz, you might wanna try it!

if i see well, its a desktop os, not a live cd. thats great :)

You can get it installed on Ubuntu which is a very popular distro. If you check their forums under the Dapper Drake Development Forum you will find a ton, and I mean a ton, of threads about installing compiz and XGL. They have great support there if you need help.

You can get it installed on Ubuntu which is a very popular distro. If you check their forums under the Dapper Drake Development Forum you will find a ton, and I mean a ton, of threads about installing compiz and XGL. They have great support there if you need help.

great! thanks!

now my only question is in what kind of linux can i have that "start menu" what i posted on one of my previous post?

how can i turn it on? this screenshot is form vlos (vidalinux). how can i turn this on? is it in all build? in the new 1.3 alpha4?

If you mean the launch bar, this is done with gdesklets.

so its not the part of vlos? :(

You aren't seeing the big picture here. Gdesklets is not part of any distro, it can be installed easily. All these things you are wanting to have are capable on any linux distro you choose.