Sky HD Pre-Order

That does it, i'm coming round to yours Sax. Sam you can bring the food.

haha, do it do it!

I was like to my dad, thats pretty expensive, he was like, i didnt buy this hd tv for nothing, order it now! ha :D

Its going to be awesome for the World Cup 2006 :D

So you have to pay for the box and a monthly fee??... thats rough... here in the US you basically "rent" your HD box from your cable company but I don't pay extra for an HD box.. I have to rent a cable box no matter what... its a shame you have to pay both fees..

Pretty disgusting really, I'm not gonna sign up initially, but as the world cup nears I'll probably break. Seeing as the BBC said they're broadcasting the entire world cup in HD.

So you have to pay for the box and a monthly fee??... thats rough... here in the US you basically "rent" your HD box from your cable company but I don't pay extra for an HD box.. I have to rent a cable box no matter what... its a shame you have to pay both fees..

Thats $ky for you though, charge you an arm and a leg for everything, they even have a premium rate number which takes on average 40mins to get through to (costing a fortune), and they won't give out geographical numbers even though most people in the UK now have free national calls :(

Pretty disgusting really, I'm not gonna sign up initially, but as the world cup nears I'll probably break. Seeing as the BBC said they're broadcasting the entire world cup in HD.

Pretty much why we want it now, the world cup, but im not that bothered about it, its my dad who wants the see it in HD, but i have to admit, it will look pretty awesome.

You've just sold your soul to the devil! lol

We've just moved to Telewest TVDrive. Over the last year we've had 14 Sky+ boxes and its just not right.

I just brought my DELL 37" HD TV, but there is no way I'm gonna fork out ?300 for a HD Box this year, wait for 12 months and they'll be down to ?150. The extra ?10 a month subscription ain't that bad considering the way Sky shaft you for everything else...

Pretty much why we want it now, the world cup, but im not that bothered about it, its my dad who wants the see it in HD, but i have to admit, it will look pretty awesome.

It's football. Why would it be better in HD. So you can see more detail, big deal. You can see all you need in normal TV.

The BBC are going to broadcast the world cup in HD, interesting, do I need anything special to recieve these signals, i suspect so, anyone know any details of this....

EDIT - I just guess i will need a Sky HD box, right ?

It's football. Why would it be better in HD. So you can see more detail, big deal. You can see all you need in normal TV.

You can say the same argument about any type of TV broadcast, you can physically see all you need to.

But the difference is like Black and White and Colour.

You don't know what your missing until you witness High Definition yourself.

Only thing is, if I want HD from Sky, I will be paying allot.

2xHDTV's at about ?1,100 each 2xSky HD at ?300 each, works out ?2,800 and then probably ?20 a month on top of my Sky Digital package (which is already at like ?43 a month now [Minus ?10 for Sky+])

So for US readers that's about $4,880USD + $109 a month. Or if you you went Single on HDTV purchase and the Sky it works out $2,440 and then $92 a month.

Pretty damn steep for a simple switch to HD for me. I suppose if you already had a HDTV you can wave quite a sum from that, but since Sky HD is the first HDTV provider* then a majority would not already have HDTVs.

*When I say first, they aren't the "first" but the other company that does it costs THOUSANDS of pounds a year and only has a very very limited amount of channels and is out of reach of practically everyone who isn't a millionaire.

Yeah all you need is the ?300 sky box not the ?10 as the bbc coverage will be free.

IMO it is a rip off you pay ?42 odd a month for the sky as it is the sum of the parts cant be more then ?100 hopefully someone will offer the boxes elsewhere cheaper or maybe even a HD freeview for the event.

I really wanted HD Sky and thats why I bought the HD LCD tv.

But it looks like I'll be out of luck.

I mean,

300 for the box

sky membership

hd membership

and the ability to record is additional as well.

Wtf is this? Just to have a clearer picture on 4 channels...

dont hate because you dont have a hdtv.

Im still undecided.

I mean yeah I wanna jump on board n be amongst the first, but then all this extra cost for only a few channels of actual HD.

Think I might wait til more of the channels are HD

But I Dunno I want it like now!

If it wasnt for the ?300 box, I'd b right in there.

What to do.....Someone decide for me!! lol

Hahaha, this sounds to me like another Sky+ crisis :laugh:

I remember when that first came out, and people were complaining of an expensive box AND an extra ?10 a month charge:))

We'll be getting our HDTV box when we upgrade our living room

Gonna get a Pioneer 50" HDTV (can't remember the model number) and some new speakers (Quad?) I forget:ss

-Rich-

dont hate because you dont have a hdtv.

I ain't hating anything. I just don't see the point in watching footy in HD. A lot of things look better in HD, but footy?

I ain't hating anything. I just don't see the point in watching footy in HD. A lot of things look better in HD, but footy?

I do agree with you on that, since movies will be better :)

• 4 weeks later...