Sony HDTV recommendation

I'm currently looking into getting either the Sony BRAVIA KDL-V32XBR1 or BRAVIA KDL-32S2000 set. I took a visit to Circuit City and saw the KDL-V32XBR1 and was (aside from the price) very pleased with this model. Since the KDL-32S2000 is very new, I have yet to see or read much about it. Anyone have any opinions on these models I mentioned?

Also, my room is fairly small and I would be seated somewhere between 6'-9' in front of the TV. Would you recommend the 26" version of these models versus the 32"? This would be my first HDTV (upgrading from a dinky 13").

at 6'-9' I would recommend 37"-42" atleast, hehe. I find that 50" is getting a little small at about 10-11' for myself. The 32" LCD may not seem small at first (I used to think that a 32" TV was huge after living with a 27"er for so long). But now I need a lot bigger to really enjoy a movie or TV. So if 32" is the biggest you can afford then get it instead of the 26".

The more I see research it, the more I get pulled in by the 32". I think anything larger than that would be to big...and would burn a hole in my wallet. :laugh: :pinch:. The reason I'm choosing between these two is because I mainly try to buy my a/v toys (receiver, mass dvd player) along the same brand. I know this limits my choices a lot, but I just find things easier this way.

I suggest you go with the 32", since i find that all models smaller than 32" lacks a HDMI interface.

You'll need it to get nice pictures out of the next gen players.

I suggest you go with the 32", since i find that all models smaller than 32" lacks a HDMI interface.

You'll need it to get nice pictures out of the next gen players.

Most sets smaller than 32" still have hdmi.

I'd go with the 32" xbr1. The s2000 has a brighter picture, but I feel the XBR has more natural tones to it.

rule of thumb is tv size X2 = minimal distance away in inches. And Sony is the way to go with TV's. I guess the only constaint is price on your part. I looked at the LG lcd's they have this past weekend and they were suprisingly close to sony in picture quality.

btw, i sold tv's for CC for 5 years and honestly...go with sony. you won't be dissapointed. I personally have a 32" HD Sony. You pay for what you get.

stay away from sony

get a projector

Pretty ignorant statement

rule of thumb is tv size X2 = minimal distance away in inches. And Sony is the way to go with TV's. I guess the only constaint is price on your part. I looked at the LG lcd's they have this past weekend and they were suprisingly close to sony in picture quality.

LG's have a decent picture, but I find that their colors tend to be TOO saturated. For instance, theres a clip, at work, and a guy is wearing a black pinstripe suit (faint pin stripes). You can see the stripes on the Sony's, but not on the LG sets. I'm not too thrilled with the LG's.

LG's have a decent picture, but I find that their colors tend to be TOO saturated. For instance, theres a clip, at work, and a guy is wearing a black pinstripe suit (faint pin stripes). You can see the stripes on the Sony's, but not on the LG sets. I'm not too thrilled with the LG's.

Well the LG's I was looking at were LCD, (which most say have a lower frame rate). If you were comparing this to a sony plasma then that might be why. Also, this is the first I've seen of LG tv's so you may be correct.

Well the LG's I was looking at were LCD, (which most say have a lower frame rate). If you were comparing this to a sony plasma then that might be why. Also, this is the first I've seen of LG tv's so you may be correct.

Na, I was comparing the new LG lcd and Sony lcd's.

Compare prices on LCD to Plasma. With a size this large you may be able to get a larger plasma for cheaper. Unfounded comment but lcd's usually skyrocket in price as they get larger.

*edit

nm, this is true for ~37"+

Compare prices on LCD to Plasma. With a size this large you may be able to get a larger plasma for cheaper. Unfounded comment but lcd's usually skyrocket in price as they get larger.

*edit

nm, this is true for ~37"+

Actually, that's not a bad idea. LG's new 42" plasma runs about $2200 and it's a pretty good set for the price. I believe it uses a single panel design making it that much better.