CDRom and Writer Driver problems with WinXP

I need some serious help here. My CDRom and Writer where working quite nicely, untill I needed to burn an ISO. I didn't have any burning software avaliable that could burn an ISO, so in a moment of stupidity I decided to install Easy CD Creator v.4, which came with the CD Writer. After WinXP gave a whole lot of warnings after the installation, I decided to uninstall Easy D Creator. This is where the fun then started. My CDRom and Writer aren't working anymore, WinXP tells me it cannot load the drivers for them (These are both LG drives). I've tried removing the devices and then let WinXP detect them and reinstall, but still it gives me the same problems. I can't seem to find any way of getting these drives working again, apart from reformatting, which I would really not like to do.

Anybody give me any pointers as to how to get my drives working again?

Originally posted by Broken

Thanks aco, I'll try it as soon as I get home.

I've learned something new today as well: Microsoft's Support site does actually give some usefull support!

Yeah, I've found it quite useful lately.

BTW, I'm in the process of making a Windows XP troubleshooter, so thanks for giving me a problem to add to it. :D

Originally posted by aco

BTW, I'm in the process of making a Windows XP troubleshooter, so thanks for giving me a problem to add to it. :D

At least something good came out of my misery.

Microsoft Windows Update only updates the Windows, they might got the driver but it's always good if you can check the hardware manufacturer site for official driver from the manufacturer.