Logitech Z 2300 Again

You may as well have two oppinions on these things

After not spending money on anything in a while, i decided its time for a new pair of computer speakers. I went to bestbuys website and noticed these: Logitech Z2300 and they are 130$ off, so i figured why not. Went out to bestbuy yesterday and picked a set up.

When i got home i relized just how big they are.

cimg0002medium2hj.jpg

cimg0003medium4pu.jpg

cimg0004medium2ux.jpg

cimg0013medium7nr.jpg

cimg0007medium1ev.jpg

cimg0012medium9hx.jpg

Unpacking:

These were really easy to unpack. Just had to open the box, and take a piece of styrofoam out. Then take the speakrs and sub out Suprisingly the box is very lightweight.

Setup:

Setup was very easy. Took it out of the box. Unwrapped the plastic. The satellite speaker plugs are colour coded. Only 2 plugs for the satellites. Connected the remote control to the sub.

On logitech computer speakers, the Subwoofer acts as the powersupply. So the bulky powerbricks are hidden withen the enclosure.

cimg0009medium1sj.jpg

Included in the box:

• Satellite speakers
  • Subwoofer
  • Instructions
  • Videogame adaptor

First Impression:

After getting the box home and the speakers setup. I spent a couple of minutes picking the song that I should break these babies in with. I eventually Picked "Shake that laffy taffy- D4L." You know the saying "you never get a second chance to make a good first impression" Well these speakers never would have needed a second chance. I had the volume set at a good level and the bass cranked. The Sub, delevering 120W of power, thundered into action producing more bass then my home theatre sub. The satillate at 40W each handeled the high's and mid's that were thrown at them.

Music Testing

After listening to a little rap I switched to a little "euro techno" hence the songs name, "euro techno" Once again, these speakers made me go "wow" and I'm not going to lie, giggled a little.

I then swithced to a little screamo, Bleeding Mascara-Atreyu. It feels like the band is in my room. Its unbelevible.

And of course, I ended with some Frank Sinatra- Dancing Cheek to Cheek. Ive never herd him sound better.

Technical Specifications

• Driver Size: 2.5"
  • Frequency Responce: 35Hz-20kHz
  • Subwoofer Size: 8"
  • Subwoofer Power: 120W
  • Total Satellite Power: 80W
  • Total System Power: 200W
  • Peak Power: 400W

Sysnopsis:

If these speakers had been on regular price, I probably wouldn't have bought them. But since they were only $100.00 plus tax. I figured it was a steal. So far I am beyond pleased with these speakers, and I have not herd any distortion from them at all. They are THX certified, so they produce the best sounds. I highly recomend these speakers if you can pick a set up on sale or if you want to pay the MRSP its deffenatly worth it.

Good review, but better if you cover the gaming portion! Yes I got it at Staples in late February, when Futureshop was having that same $130 off discount offer for the Z-2300. Man what can I say? Equipped with X-Fi, this thing is a BLAST!!

By the way, what sound card do you have?

dL

In your 5th pic, you have two logitech subs side by side, the 2300 sub is on the left, what's on the right?

Logitech sent me the z-2300's to replace my busted z-2200's which are now working fine. I wonder if they sound any different...

Im running it off my laptops built in sound card.

Hp zd 8210ca, it doesnt say what type of sound card it is.

In your 5th pic, you have two logitech subs side by side, the 2300 sub is on the left, what's on the right?

Logitech sent me the z-2300's to replace my busted z-2200's which are now working fine. I wonder if they sound any different...

the smaller one is the Logitech Z-340.

same speakers here, good review.... atreyu rocks. I am seeing them this upcoming thursday for Taste Of Chaos tour.

are you going to see silverstien at all?

My bro is friends with a couple of the members. They used to go to my school.

are you going to see silverstien at all?

My bro is friends with a couple of the members. They used to go to my school.

Yeah Silverstein will be there.. They are a pretty sick band too. Your lucky to have a slight connection with them.

i have the same exat speakers. Got them off Amazon.com for $70 after rebates, couple of months ago.

And i must say i love them. One thing that i dint like is the size of the subwoofer, but i got used to it.

i would recommend them to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

i have the same exat speakers. Got them off Amazon.com for $70 after rebates, couple of months ago.

And i must say i love them. One thing that i dint like is the size of the subwoofer, but i got used to it.

i would recommend them to anyone.

OMG....so I got ripped off then at Best Buy? (X-530's were 80) When I could've bought these instead of the X-530's? Because I freakin LOVE that subwoofer. I am not that much into 5.1 setup's. I just want something loud and booming, which I currently have something like that, but the Z 2300's would've fit my needs more.

• 5 weeks later...

I just got these 2 weeks ago... I was really impressed.

I also got them for $64 brand new from ebay.... shipped to my door.

The sub is CRAZY.

Thank you for this review! I am actually planning on picking these up tomorrow. I'll give them a week to break in and then I'll report back my findings.