The Best CMS!

Question

I've been playing with Website Baker, and out of the couple i've tried so far it is the easiest to use.

There is also many themes for download and guides on how to make them yourself, it uses xml for the themes so its even easiler.

Demo

that does look pretty simple

I would say Kubix. Its not much yet, but just watch, when I finish up ( im just beginning to re-code a new version) the new version, it will be extreamly usfull. I dont know if its gonna beat joomla or mambo (whats the difference btw?) but it sure will be nice.

just watch...

http://www.kubix.msbeta.net

Expression Engine is by far the most flexible CMS I've ever used and I've tried them all over the past 7 years or so. It requires that you know your HTML/CSS and you have to learn their template tags but once you learn that the sky is the limit in Expression Engine.

I use it at work for our staff intranet for our document server, electronic in/out board, publishing XML feeds to push new content to our public website, custom blogs, report archiving and standard updates. None of which is advertised in the product. I did it all through the various options of the CMS and templates. Did not require one hack. Amazing.

It does come at the price of time and a premium cost though. I think the not-for-profit license is $100. It also has an optional forum module which is one of the better and lesser known forums out thier to date.

I use Expression Engine for my blog and to be honest I've looked into switching to other engines several times not because of things Expression Engine can't do, but because of things that Expression Engine just doesn't do yet. The number of plugins/modules for it are miniscule as compared to Wordpress or MovableType. I wish that EE has the same following that both of those inferior products had. For example, Wordpress has the new AJAX powered widgets ... obviously it's something that EE could do, but there just isn't enough people developing for it to make it happen. It'll be a sad day when I eventually move away from it, but I think unless there are significant changes in the near future it's just a matter of time.

I'd say Subdreamer is the best.

it'd be nice if there demo worked... :blink:

Edited by xxdesmus

I like phpWebSite. It does about everything I want it to and is very accessible for developers. You don't need to learn huge APIs, you can code after a rather short learning phase and there are a lot of modules available. Also, it is very easy to use.

I use Expression Engine for my blog and to be honest I've looked into switching to other engines several times not because of things Expression Engine can't do, but because of things that Expression Engine just doesn't do yet. The number of plugins/modules for it are miniscule as compared to Wordpress or MovableType. I wish that EE has the same following that both of those inferior products had. For example, Wordpress has the new AJAX powered widgets ... obviously it's something that EE could do, but there just isn't enough people developing for it to make it happen. It'll be a sad day when I eventually move away from it, but I think unless there are significant changes in the near future it's just a matter of time.

it'd be nice if there demo worked... :blink:

Yeah, as I mentioned if you choose to work with Expresson Engine you really need to be able to code your own HTML or in your case whip up the Ajax scripts with some custom queries, javascript and probably some php. They have been tossing Ajax around in the forums but no solutions as of yet or no one to setup and provide that functionality.

Regarding plugins, I have found that my needs are not usually met by plugins even from wordpress or MT. That is where EE excells considering I can just create a new section and specify my own entry fields, write up my own templates with the correct conditionals, etc and before I know it I've created exactly what I am looking for.

Hang in there, good things will be happening with EE as popularity grows. I'm sure of it. They have certainly stepped up above the rest of the competition as far as flexability, once they iron out a few inner architectural annoyances things will improve greatly.

I'm definately biased here, but I say Etomite (view the etomite demo from the link on the www.etomite.org website)

Edited by Etomite.org

Joomla is great, been using it since it was Mambo. However, I've found Wordpress to fit my needs as Joomla has soo much that I'll never use.

Joomla by far is the best for me, plug-ins and modules comes in handy to optimize your cms based site on your needs. I have heard Drupal is one also to be considered but never used it since joomla already fits my needs

To be honest, there is nothing out there at the moment which even gets close to brining a smile to my face and make me say WOW...? There are only two Content Management Systems which make me think awesome... neowin's CMS and Invision's Invision Power Dynamic which is still in development... these to me are the best. Joomla is as bad as there other so called CMS Mambo. Until somebody brings out a kick-a** CMS I say they are all rubbish.

Well not all of them there are a few which are so called CMS...