The Best CMS!

Question

e107 has a good following and a good archives of goodies to go with it.

The templating system is stupidly easy to use and is a great way to make a dynamic site with no a lot of coding knowledge.

I am creating my own personal site with this at the moment and it has to be my favourite system although it does come with some annoying bugs.

http://www.leveldesign.info/news.php

Nucleus is nice

tbh the only reason i chose it was because it seems to be the only CMS that supports multiple sites/installs from one source, and is easy to use

i tried drupal, but it confused me, i saw the screenshots of joomla, and even they confused me.. :p

Nucleus is nice

tbh the only reason i chose it was because it seems to be the only CMS that supports multiple sites/installs from one source, and is easy to use

i tried drupal, but it confused me, i saw the screenshots of joomla, and even they confused me.. :p

LOL: :)

that is what I thought when I viewd the screenshots of the program, and the reason why I don't like them... they give me a pain in the head just looking at them... :(

I will say Joomla is a good CMS in my view.

Drupal can be consider better than Joomla because it is more flexible

and it is a little tough to learn.

I am currently trying Joomla on my desktop using JSAS.

My favorite is Expression Engine. The developers are amazing coders, hopefully we'll see some AJAX and WYSIWYG editors in there soon. ;)

I hate Subdreamer, I used it during the 1.x days and early into the 2.x days, and the developer is slow with features and alot is hardcoded. O_o

Ones that I build myself. Seriously, most CMS systems bug me because I can't make them do EXACTLY what I want them to do, and I'd rather not deal with a plug-in system when I can just write my own entire CMS.

But that's just me.

If I had to choose a pre-built system, the only one that I've found to be really well done is drupal.

I would choose Joomla! any day of the week..

I also like Joomla a lot and I have site running on it, only problem with it is the SEF (Keyword stuffed) URLs are not working by default. However you can tweak it using addons like OpenSEF.

Ones that I build myself. Seriously, most CMS systems bug me because I can't make them do EXACTLY what I want them to do, and I'd rather not deal with a plug-in system when I can just write my own entire CMS.

But that's just me.

If I had to choose a pre-built system, the only one that I've found to be really well done is drupal.

Drupal is a little complex, I think you need to know a little code to make it the way you like. But it is good for a blog+site setup as it can handle both very well

If you're looking at a commercial CMS (Which, I doubt. But worth mentioning I guess) take a look at Peperio, Immediacy and Morello (same product line, but varies depending on how much you want to spend).

To be honest, there is nothing out there at the moment which even gets close to brining a smile to my face and make me say WOW...? There are only two Content Management Systems which make me think awesome... neowin's CMS and Invision's Invision Power Dynamic which is still in development... these to me are the best. Joomla is as bad as there other so called CMS Mambo. Until somebody brings out a kick-a** CMS I say they are all rubbish.

Well not all of them there are a few which are so called CMS...

Do you know what CMS neowin is useing..? Not something that is released to the public..?

I can't remember the name of the CMS but it is something theres out there. it has the keyword News attached to it. However, just so let you know neowin.net customized it quite a lot :). As for the best cms goes, it is something I made myself using Codeigniter framework. I will release it to the public sometime near future... too busy with school and business :). And other than that subdreamer is pretty good, its slick.

Neowin actually uses thier own coded news managment system.

up until then, I believe it was a heavily modified version of what went on to become (I cant remember the name :pinch: )

Neowin actually uses thier own coded news managment system.

up until then, I believe it was a heavily modified version of what went on to become (I cant remember the name :pinch: )

...virtuanews. I've done a bit of work with MODx, the one I'd recommend over any other free CMS option.