Fastest Browser? What do you think?

So there are many browsers out there, and now, they are all mostly all free...hell, even Opera. Now... Many claim to be the fastest for example, here is a funny one... Avant, they do but yet, they use the IE engine to power their IE FACE...Opera also claims to be the fastest...and I agree.

so I say: Opera

heres my pointless reply to a pointless topic

Its not us (the users) who decide wich browser is fastest. Its the facts and benchmarks.

That's why I've said Opera :yes:

Believe it or not, IE7. Firefox is cool once your get FireTune to optimise it but I've found IE7 to be blazing fast and be very secure.

Problem with FireFox is it freezes whenever your try doing to many things at once. IE7 stays near and clear of whatever you're doing. Plus the popup blocker(in my experience) works better.

Without having tested IE7, I have to say that Firefox 2.0 (Bon Echo) Alpha 1 is the fastest, so I really look forward to the final release of it sometime this summer. There is a clear speed-difference from version 1.5 of Firefox, more than between any other mozilla releases that I can remember (and it's not even finished yet). If only non-beta software counts, I think that Opera is the fastest, but I personally don't like the user experience of it, so my everyday browser is Firefox 1.5 ;)

I find Bon Echo to be slightly slower than Firefox, especially when it initially loads up. I'm hoping it has something to do with the fact that it's still in the testing phase, but if this speed decrease is permanent, I'm sticking with Firefox 1.5.

Overall, I think Opera is the fastest, followed by Firefox, then Bon Echo, and ending with IE6. I haven't tried any others.

I find Bon Echo to be slightly slower than Firefox, especially when it initially loads up. I'm hoping it has something to do with the fact that it's still in the testing phase, but if this speed decrease is permanent, I'm sticking with Firefox 1.5.

Overall, I think Opera is the fastest, followed by Firefox, then Bon Echo, and ending with IE6. I haven't tried any others.

I see...

On my machine I use Firefox. However IE seems to be faster, but I'm still not gonna use it except for WU.

I rely too much on the "mark all links visited(linkvisitor)" extension. But I think my javascript buttons "remove redirects" and "hide visited links" would work on IE.

Definatley Opera, fastest browser I've ever used. And i have tried IE7, Bon echo, and firefox with many speed hacks. But Seamonkey is also blazingly fast, not as fast as opera but close.