Fastest Browser? What do you think?

Is opera still covering ages with ad's or have they finally realised that people won't pay for a browser?

Also, it needs to support better addon's to even compete with firefox.

I'd gladly wait the 0.2 seconds or whatever it takes to get a page load properly (in firefox), have all my plugins work properly and not be plagued by ad's.

I'm posting this from Opera (latest version).

There's images missing, this forum loads about 5 seconds slower than in firefox 2.0.0.5 (not an exaggeration, unfortunately) and I can't seen to block simple ads without messing up pages. Opera will now be uninstalled :)

Is opera still covering ages with ad's or have they finally realised that people won't pay for a browser?

Also, it needs to support better addon's to even compete with firefox.

I'd gladly wait the 0.2 seconds or whatever it takes to get a page load properly (in firefox), have all my plugins work properly and not be plagued by ad's.

Opera hasn't had ads for years... and I personally think Opera doesn't support addons because most of the things that addons do can be accomplished in a different way that does not require adding a management system for it all, thereby taking up space; and quite frankly most addons are useless. There are very few good addons, and most of those can be done in a different way that doesn't require it to integrate into the browser itself at all. Never had a plugin problem either...

I'm posting this from Opera (latest version).

There's images missing, this forum loads about 5 seconds slower than in firefox 2.0.0.5 (not an exaggeration, unfortunately) and I can't seen to block simple ads without messing up pages. Opera will now be uninstalled :)

Not sure what the problem on your system is... Firefox 2.0.0.5 on my system stock loads the forums a lot slower than Opera (about 4 seconds), and all of the images are showing for me, except for your signature, but I can't load that in any of the browsers. Blocking ads in Opera doesn't break any pages I have ever tried it on, as long as you setup your blacklist correctly.

Truly, depending on your system's environment and how you browse depends on which will be faster. Every computer I have installed Opera on has it run faster than IE or FF, but I have seen some other people's systems run Firefox the fastest. There is no definitive fastest full-functional browser, it depends on the circumstances ahd configurations.

Just downloaded and am trying out the Firefox Gran Paradiso, definitely fast! Faster than IE and Firefox 2, lol. Might stick to it even though it's in beta.

I do use / prefer Firefox, but have been impressed with the speed of Safari on Windows!

I have recently change from Firefox to Opera, and I agree that Opera is really a good browser to use. On my experience, indeed; that Opera is the fastest browser around (it also claims to be the most secure, but I still have to work through it first. Research, research) Many exploits and vulnerabilities have affected both IE7 and FF already, that's why you can't say that they too, are secure.

Choose the 3, it is you who will choose anyway... IE, Opera, or FF