April (2006) Digital Photo Gallery

Hey guys. I have a question. Kind of a big one. I have a Canon SD500, and I love it. Great snapshot camera. But I see tons of photos all over that are so crisp and vibrant and amazing. The background will blur out or the detail (macro?) will be amazing. I would love some tips on how to achieve these affects. Tips anyone? Please and thank you!

you might be able to achieve the blur effect by using macro mode, so it will put full focus on the object you are capturing so it will leave the background out of focus (blurry)

I was taking some night time pictures.

Dude that lightning shot is awesome! Nice work with that! I tried lightning photography a few weeks back... very difficult lol!

Jack Pearce those photos are awesome as well!

Dude that lightning shot is awesome! Nice work with that! I tried lightning photography a few weeks back... very difficult lol!

Jack Pearce those photos are awesome as well!

Thanks dude :)

^Saxondale

Lovely work again, where was your focus point in this one if you where using auto focus where did you put it? Very nice shot

The focus is on the model and possession, leaving the foreground and background out of focus

I have a feeling i used MF for this one, i did for alot of shots, and alot of the times i forgot that i left it on MF so i had alot of blurry shots haha :p

i cant help it, but somehow i think i remember to tell someone something like seen on your picture to clarify what possession photography actually is...

but maybe it was just a dream... ;)

nice picture anyways.

you might be able to achieve the blur effect by using macro mode, so it will put full focus on the object you are capturing so it will leave the background out of focus (blurry)

it's called depth of field...