How do you know if a girl likes you?

Holy sh|t! This thread is still going on? I think this may very well be the longest thread ever on neowin! :)

just think a long thread for a guy's problem...

So I wonder how long a girl's problem thread would be :wacko:

lol. world record. anywhoo, i got an update for u guys.

regarding the new girl. I found out a few things. Shez a freshie, korean, and i know her name. My friends' sisters' friend knows her, so shez gonna get ahold of her schedule for me... so i can send a gram to her.:D?:D ?(ima still send a gram to the other one too :) ) AND.. she said she can have her friend introduce us if i wanted to. SHould i say yes? if i do, wat am i gonna say? gosh... im so0o nervous:blush:ush:

Go for it man ! :D, you don't wanna be stuck like before when this thread started, do ya? :D ....

Anywayz .... you have had some expertise in the field of girls, so no more heitating :D ;) ....

Good luck m8 :) ....

Radish.

Yeah, I agree with my m8 Radish:yes:yes: Sniper now has two targets); ;) I still haven't figured out how to make the approach to kiss my gf yet and we've been dating three months:no::no:

Just kiss the girl already, she's probly waiting for u to... next time u get the chance look into her eyes say i love u, and kiss her. Simple as that. Now if ur just nervous on the other hand, force urself to, u won't regret it.

Well, here's the problem since I forgot if I mentioned before, I don't have a car so when we go out alone, it's usually to shopping malls or at her college campus and we take the bus so we do hug and hold hands but it's like her face is so far away it's hard to kiss her. I mean the looking in the eyes doesn't work since she will only look for like 3 seconds and then turn away. She does ask me about the kissing from time to time but the thing is she said she's scared and doesn't know what to do but she only talks about that in e-mail. I mean it's probably just hard the first time or something.

ah ok, I understand, well don't be nervous about it then. Try to make the opportunity, and if u want to look her in the eyes, don't be afraid to tell her to slow down for a sec and i bet if u look at her while u say that she'll look at u, make it clear ur looking into her eyes and she'll probly stare for a sec. Once you kiss her you'll wonder why you were so nervous.

I don't think it's a nervous issue. It just seems like she's nervous too. I know with other girls, it seemed to be like on the first date but that was like when all of us were young and like they just tell you to kiss them and they even french ya ;) But I guess none of those relationships lasted long since it's more for the kissing than the understanding. On this one, it's more like understanding and like we really like each other and stuff and she wanted to take things slowly which probably means no kiss on the first date but it's like we've gone out for 2 months and just began the third month but for a total of 7 times but after the first date, we were more comfortable with each other and she became my gf between the 2nd and 3rd dates. I guess it's because even though we met originally 3.5 years ago only once, we've been talking a lot since we've met but only online and that first date on October 2, 2002 was just easy since it only took 2 seconds and we were already holding hands but planning that first meeting was hard since originally we both thought about dating in May and then during those 5 months, it was just voicemails and writing letters by snail mail to each other. One other problem seems to be with her family which I'm not sure if you guys would have any advice for on how I should approach this one since she wants me to understand her but the problem is that she's like so afraid of her family which includes her mom, her older brother and her little sister that she doesn't tell them anything and try to hide things. Maybe a better way to describe it is that no one in her family trusts her. She works but her entire paycheck goes to her mom and she's 24. And when no one else is home, her bedroom door is locked and only her mom and brother has the key for it since she said it's a bad habit she used to have but she won't discuss it. So basically, she can't call long distance from the other phone in the house at all as it has no long distance and the one that does is in the bedroom. I bought her a cellphone last week originally with T-Mobile in Northern California but there was no signal at her house so when she went to the mall with her sister and brother, she got busted by her sister and she told her brother and sister that her friends boyfriend bought it for her and paying for the service when it was me who bought the phone and she signed the contract under her own info. The problem was she wanted to keep the phone but there is no way I'm paying $480 a year for something that doesn't work and wasting all those unlimited night and weekend hours since she was using 600 minutes of calling cards every two weeks and only calling her best friend in Arizona. So eventually this past Sunday, I did get her to return the phone to T-Mobile and ended up with AT&T Wireless which works for her and $5 month cheaper for me even though I wanted for her to go with Verizon as Verizon's CDMA is known to work better and has better quality than AT&T's TDMA but it's that she likes Nokia phones. I guess that's probably her bad habit but I mean it's hard to understand someone when they call themselves your other half and then when you ask them why the door is locked, they only tell you her family doesn't trust her and she doesn't want to discuss it. It's kinda like before we met again this October, I had to ask about her dad and she goes deadbeat dad and that's was it. She wants me to understand her but when you don't tell other people that care about you, it's like kinda hard since it's not like I will hate her or anything but I'll just probably be more understanding. So it's kinda hard to get her to be more open about things.

sorry i just wanting to sp:cry:cry:

LOL :D

lol.. thats a major quote-quote thingy. umm.... not much of an update. gonna explain my feeling for her, to one of her freinds tomorrow, so she can help me. :happy: grams due wed. :) hehe.

OK, i've read a lot of post's here, and I think you are just really really scared of her response. I would say the 1st girl likes you and was waiting on you to make the move, most girls never like to make the 1st move. Im 25 and I somtimes get scared of what the women's reaction is going to be, but you just have to think... So what if she does say no? Nothing, at least you know how she feels about you and your not going insane thinking about her and what she may say, if she says yes, well there you go! Just go up to her, look into her eyes and KEEP eye contact the whole time, its hard, but you MUST do that, and ask her out for lunch on a Saturday. I would say don't ask her out to the movies because what do you not do during a movie? Talk. go out to lunch or something where its a nice enviroment to have a nice conversation with her.

And to RedFX, you rock man, im going to have to use some of your suggestions lol, very good advice!

anyways, good luck, and just do it, Don't think or worry what she may or may not say.

hehe. i sent my gram in today. :D It will get sent out next week. so for know.. ima just going to lay back. :happy: or i mite become freinds w/ her freinds to get close to her. ;)

small update: she recieved my gram. she asked my friend if he knew me. he said yes. she said she wants to meet me.yay! :D but the sucky thing is, i have to wait till jan. 6.... why? on winter break.... :)

note* i wasn't able to get on a comp, becuz it was haveing technical difficulties... :o but now itz fixed :cool:

small update: she recieved my gram. she asked my friend if he knew me. he said yes. she said she wants to meet me.yay! :D but the sucky thing is, i have to wait till jan. 6.... why? on winter break.... :)

note* i wasn't able to get on a comp, becuz it was haveing technical difficulties... :o but now itz fixed :cool:

Winter Break is the best time to meet her, you have free time, and other people wont get in your way :p

Jesus.... it's not that hard.

Just step up to her and ask her out. What's the worst thing that could happen??? She might say no...

Grab yourself together and just do it.

Don't screw around with SMS, e-mail, grams.... that's not how it works in the real world. I bet if she likes you, she would appreciate it if you're direct.

Sooner or later you will have to face her and tell her that you like her, just get it over with.

Jesus.... it's not that hard.

Just step up to her and ask her out. What's the worst thing that could happen??? She might say no...

Grab yourself together and just do it.

Don't screw around with SMS, e-mail, grams.... that's not how it works in the real world. I bet if she likes you, she would appreciate it if you're direct.

Sooner or later you will have to face her and tell her that you like her, just get it over with.

Maybe it's easy for you to do it... but some people just can't do it. Mental block.

This ain't bullpoop... it's true.

girls are hard to understand, and yeah, its difficult for some people to actually walk up to a girl and talk to them. Its a daunting task because you put your ego and your feelings on the line.

Modern communication methods introduce a degree of detachment and thus makes it easier for guys like this to actually communicate with the girl.

some girls just like to play 'hard to get', although its almost impossible to guys to tell the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

k there is no way i am going to read 44 pages lol

but just my 2 cents (if they count)... do i understand that she hardly knows you. Now in high school (and I speak from experience I am going through my last year of it) you must first get to know her much better unless you got looks and girls will fall for you in a finger snap. It ain't that easy. It is a lot easier if your basic friends with her (first name basis and talk once in awhile) then to hardly know her.

Now highschool or middle school is difficult but keep in mind that these years really don't matter in the big picture. Especially when it comes to girls. Most (meaning 90%) people that marry out of high school divorce within 5 years of the marriage.

I would recommend first getting to know her a little and just casually talk to her. Girls are MUCH more comfertable doing that then hardly knowing a guy and him liking her for months... that just ain't right (try to look at it from her side to).