Zacarias Moussaoui verdict to be read at 4:00 pm

The Zacarias Moussaoui jury has reached a verdict -- due to be returned at 4 pm. ET -- on whether he is eligible for the death penalty.

Barney

Your politicians are just barbarians. Doesn't it bother you that only third world countries and USA has death penalty?

No.

He'll die, either by US hands or someone's

it's a show trial anyway, so I'm sure the US will pull up their bootstraps again and make an example out of him, guilty or not. (which he IS guilty)

and I won't debate this with anyone, it's my personal opinion.

Your politicians are just barbarians. Doesn't it bother you that only third world countries and USA has death penalty?

Why is that his fault/problem?

Bloody trolls.

Why should it? :blink: You do the crime, you get the punishment that you deserve

Silly question, but what did the guy do? Never heard of him before.

I'm not sure what to think of the death penalty from an outsiders view, other than its better than being far too leniant. The number of people who more or less murder people in the UK, who get a couple of years, astonishes me.

Additionally, this thread should probably be in "Nerd Free News", not "Back Page News".

Right so n America where u believe in god so strongly! You believe you as people have the right to take a life, but surly that?s your gods job, sorry im not even religious I just believe some people suffer in prison allot more than taking the easy rote and being killed

Right so n America where u believe in god so strongly! You believe you as people have the right to take a life, but surly that?s your gods job, sorry im not even religious I just believe some people suffer in prison allot more than taking the easy rote and being killed

Was just about to ask the same.

Is it just some law that was pushed by politicians or is that what everyone wants in US? I would think that if there would be vote for death penalty in Europe, maybe couple of percent would say yes.

Why should it? :blink: You do the crime, you get the punishment that you deserve

criminality is born out of childhood trauma

blame the parents and then blame their parents and so on

who's to blame?

we are to blame the american public for not HELPING these people

just throw them in the pit and close the door then drop acid all over them right?

they need a hand up not a jail sentence

stupid america

Not at all. But what does bother me is that many spend 20-30 years on death row while the appeals drag on.

who's to blame?

just throw them in the pit and close the door then drop acid all over them right?

stupid america

False, false, and false. You're obviously not a parent. Children don't have to be taught to do wrong. It's inherent. You have to correct bad behavior, not teach it. Left out of check it will flourish and end up in a crime of some sort.

The American Justice system should not be looked at as a blame or corrective system, it should be looked at as accountability for ones own actions.

There's far too little accountability in many aspects today, everyone wants to blame someone else. Step up, be a man, and realize that no one controls your actions but you.

The jury has decided he's eligible for the death penalty. So Al-Quaeda will now have their martyr.

who's to blame?

Dear god I hope you are seriously kidding...because that is just funny how illogical that is. The parents didn't turn this guy into a terrorist ...perhaps his environment did, still, he let his environment make him into what he currently is. According your wonderful logic apparently no one is actually responsible for anything they do, and therefore they can do whatever the hell they please because as well all know...it's not there fault, we're going to blame there parents and there parents parents.

You've gotta be kidding me.

stupid america

Again, wow...just wow. So you think we should give this guy a hand? Help him out a little bit? Right, so we can watch this sick f**ker try and kill more innocent people? I'll give him a hand, into the electric chair.

You've gotta be kidding me. :rolleyes: :|

I am sorry, but you don't kill (and he is just as guilty as the terrorists who were actually on the planes) almost 3,000 perfectly innocent people and get even a shred of sympathy from me. This guy should and will fry.

Absolutely not. Why? Because it isn't only third world countries that have the death penalty. Besides, who said you have the exclusive right to determine barbarity?

The American Justice system should not be looked at as a blame or corrective system, it should be looked at as accountability for ones own actions

I'd rather call it a replacement for the bloodthirsty mob of old times - you murder (yes, executing people is still murder, much like killing people in war is murder) people because the mob wants you to not because it will prevent anything or rectify the issue that made the person do what they did.

I am sorry, but you don't kill (and he is just as guilty as the terrorists who were actually on the planes) almost 3,000 perfectly innocent people and get even a shred of sympathy from me. This guy should and will fry.

Then is Bush, the US generals, the politicians, the British (and other 'allies') and the soldiers responsible for the deaths of thousands of civilians in Afghanistan, Iraq and other places where USA has attacked in the past years?

Surely the majority of those people had absolutely nothing to do with the planes that struck those builds, most of them were living under the curtain of fear yet they all ended up dying in the name of.. well whatever delusional name you want to give your crusade of revenge - call it liberating or whatever makes it easy for you to sleep at night.

Surely a man who gives an order to murder people is equally as responsible as the person who pulls the trigger? An interesting moral conundrum.

Edited by daPhoenix

I'm not American and death penalties bother me depending on circumstances, but it's completely false that only third world countries and US support capital punishment. You surely wouldn't consider countries such as Japan, South Korea, Singapore as "third world countries", would you? o_O

I'm not American and death penalties bother me depending on circumstances, but it's completely false that only third world countries and US support capital punishment. You surely wouldn't consider countries such as Japan, South Korea, Singapore as "third world countries", would you? o_O

Yeah, you are right. I didn't remember those, also I was completely unaware that Japan still had it. But still not really good company your in.

Countries that still have death penalty permitted.

* Afghanistan

* Antigua and Barbuda

* Bahamas

* Bahrain

* Bangladesh

* Barbados

* Belarus

* Belize

* Botswana

* Burundi

* Cameroon

* Chad

* China (People's Republic)

* Comoros

* Congo (Democratic Republic)

* Cuba

* Dominica

* Egypt

* Equatorial Guinea

* Eritrea

* Ethiopia

* Gabon

* Ghana

* Guatemala

* Guinea

* Guyana

* India

* Indonesia

* Iran

* Iraq

* Jamaica

* Japan

* Jordan

* Kazakhstan

* Korea, North

* Korea, South

* Kuwait

* Kyrgyzstan

* Laos

* Lebanon

* Lesotho

* Liberia

* Libya

* Malawi

* Malaysia

* Mongolia

* Nigeria

* Oman

* Pakistan

* Palestinian Authority

* Philippines

* Qatar

* Rwanda

* St. Kitts and Nevis

* St. Lucia

* St. Vincent and the Grenadines

* Saudi Arabia

* Sierra Leone

* Singapore

* Somalia

* Sudan

* Swaziland

* Syria

* Taiwan

* Tajikistan

* Tanzania

* Thailand

* Trinidad and Tobago

* Uganda

* United Arab Emirates

* United States

* Uzbekistan

* Vietnam

* Yemen

* Zambia

* Zimbabwe

Countries that have outlawed death penalty (year)

* Andorra (1990)

* Angola (1992)

* Armenia (2003)

* Australia (1984)

* Austria (1950)

* Azerbaijan (1998)

* Belgium (1996)

* Bermuda (1999)

* Bhutan (2004)

* Bosnia-Herzegovina (1997)

* Bulgaria (1998)

* Cambodia (1989)

* Canada (1976)

* Cape Verde (1981)

* Colombia (1910)

* Costa Rica (1877)

* C?te d'Ivoire (2000)

* Croatia (1990)

* Cyprus (1983)

* Czech Republic (1990)

* Denmark (1933)

* Djibouti (1995)

* Dominican Republic (1966)

* East Timor (1999)

* Ecuador (1906)

* Estonia (1998)

* Finland (1949)

* France (1981)

* Georgia (1997)

* Germany (1987)

* Greece (1993)

* Guinea-Bissau (1993)

* Haiti (1987)

* Honduras (1956)

* Hungary (1990)

* Iceland (1928)

* Ireland (1990)

* Italy (1947)

* Kiribati (1979)

* Liechtenstein (1987)

* Lithuania (1998)

* Luxembourg (1979)

* Macedonia (1991)

* Malta (1971)

* Marshall Islands (1986)

* Mauritius (1995)

* Mexico (2005)

* Micronesia (1986)

* Moldova (1995)

* Monaco (1962)

* Mozambique (1990)

* Namibia (1990)

* Nepal (1990)

* Netherlands (1870)

* New Zealand (1961)

* Nicaragua (1979)

* Niue (n.a.)

* Norway (1905)

* Palau (n.a.)

* Panama (1903)

* Paraguay (1992)

* Poland (1997)

* Portugal (1867)

* Romania (1989)

* Samoa (2004)

* San Marino (1848)

* S?o Tom? and Pr?ncipe (1990)

* Senegal (2004)

* Serbia and Montenegro (2002)

* Seychelles (1993)

* Slovak Republic (1990)

* Slovenia (1989)

* Solomon Islands (1966)

* South Africa (1995)

* Spain (1978)

* Sweden (1921)

* Switzerland (1942)

* Turkey (2002)

* Turkmenistan (1999)

* Tuvalu (1978)

* Ukraine (1999)

* United Kingdom (1973)

* Uruguay (1907)

* Vanuatu (1980)

* Vatican City (1969)

* Venezuela (1863)

As for US, I'm just curious how is it possible that there is still death penalty. For one it is against Constitution of the United States.

Amendment VIII

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Second Bush is supposed to be religious, and still he is big supporter of death penalty. Well maybe he isn't, could be just calculated stuff so that people forget his cocaine and alcohol scandals.

Edited by Joni_78

giving a criminal the old hit o' the needle isn't considered to be cruel and unusual punishment - that would be torturing, burning alive, the death chair, etc. i think that when you're born you have a chance to prove yourself and contribute to society. when you take the lives of thousands, you definitely qualify to have your life taken away. how can some of you want to let him live? he has no prupose to serve in this world and his time is up.

xxdesmus and adonai are wrong imo

why would you kill someone because they have killed?

id rather try to correct that life than kill it off

id like to think we are a community of love and not death