Your Top 5 DS Games

Post your top 5 DS games, along with why you like them. Just curious as to what people like out there. It will also help people choose games.

Mine:

1. Mario Kart DS

Mario Kart games have always been my fave, from the SNES all the way up to the GC. This version took all the strengths of every game in the series and combined them together, then threw in an online mode. This version is the best in the series and is Kart heaven. 10/10

2. Pheonix Wright: Ace Attourney

Great anime graphics, great story, and great use of the touch screen and microphone. I really enjoyed the story in this game and literally couldn't put it down for weeks. Probably one of the most unique gameplay experiences I've had in a while. I can't quite put my finger on what is so great about this game, but I just had soooo much fun playing it. 9.7/10

3. Metroid Prime: Hunters

The first good FPS for the DS. Has the DS's best graphics by far; I would compare them to the 1st UT. Stylus aiming is flawless and it's comparable to using a keyboard and mouse on the PC. PC users that don't like console FPS should feel right at home here. Very fun online modes. I would compare the gameplay to a cross between Quake3 and UT. Great fun. 9.6/10

4. Super Mario 64 DS

I never really gave the N64 version much of a try, so this was like a whole new game to me. I don't think I need to go into what makes this game good, as most of you have already played the N64 version anyway. 9.5/10

5. Advance Wars: Dual Strike

The best turn based strategy game I've played. Simple, yet charming graphics and extremely fun and addictive gameplay. Nice use of the touch screen. Intense multiplayer battles over multi cart play. 9.5/10

1. Metroid Prime Hunters - I'm a big Metroid fanboy. This is why I bought a DS...same with Metroid Prime and the Gamecube. Excellent game. Multiplayer is a blast. Single player adventure could be better, but it's still very enjoyable. Having bots gives it a lot more time in my DS since I'm not always near wifi. Love everything about the game.

2. Castlevania - One of the other series I'm a big fanboy towards. This is quite possibly the best handheld Castlevania yet. If it was a little more difficult, it'd beat out Circle Of The Moon for sure. As it is, it's a close call. Excellent warp system, superb graphics and sound, good variety of characters to play as and souls to use, very enjoyable areas in the castle to explore and so forth. Great job Konami.

3. Mario Kart - It's better than the N64 version, I think that's all I really need to say. Overall I enjoy the wifi play less than Metroids, but it's still great. Some great levels and I love how they included older ones. Wish there were more SNES tracks though.

4. Electroplankton - Great music creation type of game. Theres a lot to do here and its largely based on your ability to be creative. You alone determine how much you'll get out of this game based on what you put in. It's also just a unique little package with its own charm.

5. Animal Crossing - Just beating out Polarium for me is Animal Crossing. Just a fun little world, sort of a microcosm of the real world. Unique gameplay experience, but I find myself not playing it as much as I thought I would to be honest. Played the GC one a lot 3 years ago, maybe that has something to do with it. Features a variety of improvements, but I still dislike how they took the NES games out. Bad move. They should of had something in there, maybe even old Gameboy games or something from another system besides NES. Still fun, but Metroid, Castlevania etc get much more playtime.

Advance Wars doesn't get my vote because I felt it was too easy overall and didn't have enough new features compared to older ones. I still play the first one nearly every week. Polarium would be #6, it's a great puzzle game. Just wish the stock puzzles were harder and entering in new ones from other people was easier than with the codes and all. Super Mario 64 DS was a fairly decent port, but overall they made it a bit easier which I dislike and the controls aren't anywhere near as intuitive as the N64 version. Still a great game, just has a new breed of flaws. Feel The Magic has its good points, but overall doesn't belong on this list. Ages Of Empires bored the **** out of me with its slow gameplay. Aside from using the AoE world it idn't really offer any innovations over Advance Wars. Tony Hawk is faithful to the console version...which means its a completely unrealistic representation of my favorite sport, sapping all enjoyment from it for me.

I haven't played the Advance Wars GBA games. Maybe I should give them a try. Dual Strike is a bit easy, but it's still quite fun to play, especially in multiplayer.

I have to say, that i do think yoshi touch and go is one of the most brilliant games. There is some real competition going on for that top spot, but it gets so frustrating. Its the only game i play continuously...

1. Metroid Prime:Hunters, wow...just wow

2. Mario Kart DS - This is how mario kart was meant to be played

3. Meteos - as a rule I don't like puzzle games.....I've unlocked everything on Meteos

4. Advance Wars: Dual Strike - This game is just flat out great...so much to do

5. Kirby: Canvas Curse - when this came out I was just looking for a new ds game, this game has gotten play time ever since

#1 - Mario Kart DS

While the online Wi-Fi may be a little lacking (and cheap due to snakers), you can't argue with the fact that this is the most complete Mario Kart to date. There's unlockable characters, a large amount of tracks (including many classic ones), missions, eight-player battle mode over LAN with Block Fort, and then online Wi-Fi when you can't get together. Even though Metroid tops it in online features, I had a blast.

#2 - Advance Wars: Dual Strike

I'm a huge Advance Wars fan, and this game just improved the series in so many ways. I'm not the biggest fan of Tag Powers (moving twice in one turn turns the tide a little too much sometimes) but the new units, mechanics, and using the stylus to make multiplayer maps make the game great. It can only be topped by an online sequel.

#3 - Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

I was actually on the fence about buying this, but I'm glad I did. It's an amazing game, the soul stealing adds franticness to boss fights, and having the map always up in full scale is very, very helpful. Also, the unlockable modes are sweet as well - gotta love playing as Alucard, Julius, and Yuka.

#4 - Metroid Prime: Hunters

I don't really like the single-player, and I get stuck in 1v1 deathmatches online with a cheap, alternate form abusing person too much, but when you get three other quality people in a game (or play against bots) it's just insane how awesome the game can be. I think my enjoyment will go up once I play it on the DS Lite, as the regular DS hurts my left hand to hold the thing for too long.

#5 - Kirby Canvas Curse

This game doesn't get a lot of respect from people, but it was the first game that made me really enjoy stylus control exclusively. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should be able to find it cheap. It's really fun, plus you can unlock some awesome characters like DeDeDe and Meta Knight.

Brain Age looked fun. I might pick it up.

It's pretty decent. You really only "play" it for 10-15 mins per day though. The Sodoku puzzles are pretty fun. It's definitely benefitial to us adults that haven't been in school for a while to keep our brains sharp.

#5 - Kirby Canvas Curse

This game doesn't get a lot of respect from people, but it was the first game that made me really enjoy stylus control exclusively. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should be able to find it cheap. It's really fun, plus you can unlock some awesome characters like DeDeDe and Meta Knight.

I have to totally agree there, it was a pretty damn fun game, made good use of the tech.

• 1 month later...

Ive got 2

Tetris DS because of the old school gameplay and new puzzle modes,

SUper Mario DS - Just like the old nes one with alot of new twists. Im all for 2d control and not really fond of 3d anyways

It's pretty decent. You really only "play" it for 10-15 mins per day though. The Sodoku puzzles are pretty fun. It's definitely benefitial to us adults that haven't been in school for a while to keep our brains sharp.

Go get "Big Brain Academy", it's also very good.

I realy like the New Super Mario Bros. It's a blast from the past (2D scroller) with great new graphics and lots of fun. Tetris DS is fun too, it's a classic.

Not in any order.

1. Mario Kart DS

2. Animal Crossing

3. Advanced Wars DS

4. Worms. I love playings this game. I wish it had better multiplayer but i can play this all the time

5. New Supermario

I want to see more roleplaying games for the DS. This is a segment that has not really been given attention by Nintendo or third party companies for the DS yet.

#1: Trauma Center (Surprised no one else likes this game :p)

#2: Mario Kart DS

#3: New Super Mario Bros

#4: Metroid Prime: Hunters

#5: Brain Age

No particular order

Another Code: Two Memories

Mario Kart

Metroid Prime Hunters

Mario 64

and I havent played it yet but when I get it i'm sure this place will go to New Mario Bros

Are there any good RPGs for the DS?

I was thinking about getting Lost Magic until I read a review that crapped all over it.

I just got my DS Lite on Sunday so this thread is perfect.

Are there any good RPGs for the DS?

I was thinking about getting Lost Magic until I read a review that crapped all over it.

I just got my DS Lite on Sunday so this thread is perfect.

Wait for Final Fantasy III which comes out 9/12/2006.

Updated list for me:

1. NSMB

2. Mario Kart DS

3. Pheonix Write: Ace Attourney

4. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Updated list for me:

1. NSMB

2. Mario Kart DS

3. Pheonix Write: Ace Attourney

4. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Is the Advance Wars game really that fun? I have heard good things about it.

Is the Advance Wars game really that fun? I have heard good things about it.

It's really fun. The graphics are really simplistic, but that kind of adds to the charm. I love it because it kind of reminds me of an old Mac game I used to play at school when I was a kid called Bolo. It's a really long game too, it will keep you busy for a looooong time. The multiplayer battles can get pretty intense too (too bad no Wifi, hopefully there will be in the next version).