• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Boot Camp

Rudy    457

maybe the guys on onmac.net can supply those drivers.

very doubtful since they couldnt get those devices working on xom

KeR    82

I am impressed, played Oblivion all morning on my MBP @ 1440x900 with all settings on high without a problem...this is like a dream.

5Horizons    1

Not really sure - part of the system changed it's description when I installed the latest Catalyst drivers (I manually selected X1600, everything works perfectly).

Got the latest catalysts but they fail with an INF error, so I assume that's where manually selecting the X1600 comes in. How do you do that?

Event    0

In XP, the color on my monitors is waaay off. On my MBP screen, the colors are really low, while the colors on my 2nd 19" Hyundai are too high. How can I change this in windows?

sn00pie    2

Hey guys; I've got a few quick questions. After Boot Camp is installed on your Intel Mac, do you just put in the XP install CD, install XP, then put in the CD created in Boot Camp?

I don't own a Mac, but I'm just wondering how hard the actual setting up is. :D

ilkevinli    0

Once youve installed Bootcamp, you have to start it and then it walks you through the whole process. Its very simple.

Hey guys; I've got a few quick questions. After Boot Camp is installed on your Intel Mac, do you just put in the XP install CD, install XP, then put in the CD created in Boot Camp?

I don't own a Mac, but I'm just wondering how hard the actual setting up is. :D

sn00pie    2

^Thanks that sounds awesome! :) One more thing could you buy OEM version of MCE and install that with Boot Camp?

Windam    0

this is so much better than replacing the EFI firmware files. I wonder if WinVi is superfast on those imacs.

w1r3d    0

I was thinking about that little problem that macs dont have a delete buton to do the ctrl + alt + delete to login in windows or to bring the task manager so what if windows starts putting little tricks to make it impocible to start windows on a mac? i know people will always find a way arround it but it can happen if thats what microsoft is looking for so that apple doesnt benefit from the large market that windows already has.

crazzyyfool    29

I was wondering, why does my iMac X1600 show up as a Mobility card on Windows? On the Apple website it says nothing about it being a mobility version of the card, and they do make the distinction on the MacBook Pro site. Is it a driver thing (just using the same drivers for now and they'll fix later?) or do they just sneak that mobility in on the iMac users? ;)

Sorry if it's been asked before, I think I've read most of this thread but I might have missed something.

The video card in the iMac is the same as in the MBP. A Mobility Radeon.

Not really sure - part of the system changed it's description when I installed the latest Catalyst drivers (I manually selected X1600, everything works perfectly).

How did you install the latest drivers. I get an error on install. :unsure:

Si    11

Got the latest catalysts but they fail with an INF error, so I assume that's where manually selecting the X1600 comes in. How do you do that?

How did you install the latest drivers. I get an error on install. :unsure:

After the installer has quit with the error, head to device manager and tell it you want to upgrade the driver by right clicking the card - then select manually choose the driver to install, and in the c:\ati\something\something there's a wdm folder I think with an inf file to choose. This then brings up a list of every supported ATI card in the driver, just select the X1600 and tell it you are quite sure :)

crazzyyfool    29

After the installer has quit with the error, head to device manager and tell it you want to upgrade the driver by right clicking the card - then select manually choose the driver to install, and in the c:\ati\something\something there's a wdm folder I think with an inf file to choose. This then brings up a list of every supported ATI card in the driver, just select the X1600 and tell it you are quite sure :)

Cool. Nice one. Will give it a go. :D

ilkevinli    0

All you have to do is download and install the the Windows 2003 Resource kit. In there is a icon called remapkeyboard. With this you can remap any keys. I have remapped the delete key to the enter key by the arrows.

I was thinking about that little problem that macs dont have a delete buton to do the ctrl + alt + delete to login in windows or to bring the task manager so what if windows starts putting little tricks to make it impocible to start windows on a mac? i know people will always find a way arround it but it can happen if thats what microsoft is looking for so that apple doesnt benefit from the large market that windows already has.

.Neo    1,834

My Apple Pro Keyboard has a normal delete key. Only the Mac Book Pro doesn't have one.

xxdesmus    0

Just FYI... It turns out the only way to get Vista on a mac right now is to wipe the OSX partition as well. So it's not a dual boot just yet, I am sure someone will get it working though.

Source

Dazzla    5

Is there a way to have more than 2 partitions? I'd want Windows on 1, OS X on another and a third which has all my music and movies on. Possible?

kiall    0

i seen in someles screenie that they had linux , MacOsx(the best one here), and windows

aristotle-dude    0

Just FYI... It turns out the only way to get Vista on a mac right now is to wipe the OSX partition as well. So it's not a dual boot just yet, I am sure someone will get it working though.

Source

Read further down, you only have to delete one of the EFI partitions to get it to work.

BajiRav    2,137

Is there a way to have more than 2 partitions? I'd want Windows on 1, OS X on another and a third which has all my music and movies on. Possible?

You can remap My Music and My Videos to ~/Music and ~/Videos ? Of course you will need MacDrive :)

Plarkster    6

Has anyone tried this on a Mac Mini core solo?

I've looked through a few pages but most people seem to be using MacBook Pros and Imacs.

I'd look into replacing my G4 mini if Windows works well on the core solo.

xxdesmus    0

^^ I had it running on my Mini Core Duo without a hitch...I don't know how much of a speed difference there is between the Solo and the Duo, but you shouldn't have many problems.

Plarkster    6

^ Cool, I haven't fully decided which mini to get but it probably will be the Solo.

So does Windows run as well as on most modern pcs?

aristotle-dude    0

^ Cool, I haven't fully decided which mini to get but it probably will be the Solo.

So does Windows run as well as on most modern pcs?

I would really recommend getting the Core Duo. Windows benefits quite a bit from the extra core and you end up with a lot less thread locking issues.

My MBP runs XP a lot better than my 2.2 Ghz P4.

Webby    0

This is some cool stuff. I have a PPC Mac Mini and unfortunately I can't try this. I want a iMac.

Guol    0

Damn. This keeps looking more promising every time.

Hopefully by the time Vista is out this will be fully functional.

Can't wait :happy: