• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

XBOX Drop today?

Toxikk    0

There was some rumors floating around that XBOX prices were going to drop another 50 bucks today... anyone heard if this is indeed true and if so... when will it happen if it doesnt happen today?

lazydesert    0

what price would it be dropping to ?

Dead Messiah    0
Originally posted by lazydesert

what price would it be dropping to ?

$150

Malechai    116
Originally posted by Dead Messiah

$150...

that's sad that they can't sell them @ $200

aren't they already losing their shirt over the $200 price? how can they drop it some more? if they keep dropping the price, I may just buy one! lol

+BeLGaRaTh    43

Here in the UK the price dropped a few weeks ago, the price currently is ?159, the sony ps2 also dropped to ?169.

Dazzla    5

$150...

that's sad that they can't sell them @ $200

(by the way, Sony has shipped out 40 Million PS2 so far!)

:p

here's the link: HERE

Why am I not surprised to see an Xbox thread then dead messiah trying to **** on the fire :rolleyes: .

Both the Xbox and PS2 have recently been cut in the UK so I see no reason why they won't get cut in the US. Down to 159 (xbox) and 169 (PS2).

Dead Messiah    0
Originally posted by Spyder

aren't they already losing their shirt over the $200 price? how can they drop it some more? if they keep dropping the price, I may just buy one! lol

It's been said that each Xbox costs around $450 to make, so at $150 Microsoft would be losing $300 per system sold.

Even neo1980 gotta admit that's not good business...

:cheeky:

;)

If it goes down to $100, maybe even $150, and some good games (ones that appeal to me) I'll get one...

:o

I guess only time (and poor Xbox sales) will tell...

;)

LUTZIFER    473

It's hard to believe that such an awsome peice of equipment can sell for so cheap. Sure the lower the price, the better for us. But as far as I'm concerned, the Xbox is worth the price it was when it first came out. Even then I thought that was cheap for being the best system ever... by far. Face it... Xbox rulez!

Dazzla    5

Neowin Community Rules

No Racism, No Threatening, No (citing) Victimization (via PM) or Hateful posts

How about stop the Dead Messiah bashing.....

:rolleyes:

I'm just stating my thoughts.

:ermm:

Sorry.

:disappoin

;)

I was expressing my lack of surprise and the predictability of your post, that's all. We all know the rules, feel free to use the report to mod feature.

Malechai    116
Originally posted by Dazzla

feel free to use the report to mod feature.

hahaha :paranoid: :ponder: :D

Dead Messiah    0

I was expressing my lack of surprise and the predictability of your post, that's all. We all know the rules, feel free to use the report to mod feature.

I was just joking around about the rules stuff...

I was just posting how even at a lowered price ($200 in USA) Microsoft still can't sell the Xbox, I mean it's the truth.

[edit] i deleted some posts/edited some so i'm not the anti-xbox person, now i'm just an anti-making everything lime green & anti-micro$oft person

;) [/edit]

Malechai    116

$299.99 (Canadian) at Futureshop

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...98A08D454862F9D

I gotta say that if the price drops another $50 to $249, thats too tempting and I'll probably end up picking one up. I always told myself that if the xbox dropped between 200 to 250 i'd probably get one

Malechai    116

btw..is it possible to buy an Xbox system bundled with the S controller rather than the other one? i dont see myself using the bigger one if i buy one, so it'd be a waste..

sedative    0

It's been said that each Xbox costs around $450 to make, so at $150 Microsoft would be losing $300 per system sold.

Even neo1980 gotta admit that's not good business...

They probably make their money on games.

Dazzla    5

btw..is it possible to buy an Xbox system bundled with the S controller rather than the other one? i dont see myself using the bigger one if i buy one, so it'd be a waste..

Nope, standard controller. The only way is to import from Japan as that's the only region with that controller as standard.

Malechai    116

Nope, standard controller. The only way is to import from Japan as that's the only region with that controller as standard.

bummer. thats kind of a downer

LiGhTfast    6

just got one for the new matrix chip so i can use it as a standalone divx player and emulator... also install windows on just for fun :D

takes less that 15s to install the chip lol

Dead Messiah    0

Isn't microsoft making/releasing a new version of the Xbox later this year with something like UltimateTV built-in it?

I thought I saw something like that on TechTV before...

Joel    26

$299.99 (Canadian) at Futureshop

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...98A08D454862F9D

I gotta say that if the price drops another $50 to $249, thats too tempting and I'll probably end up picking one up. I always told myself that if the xbox dropped between 200 to 250 i'd probably get one

$50 USD would drop it here to the Gamecube's price, $229. That might be nice............;)

Malechai    116

/edit nevermind..i understand where you're coming from now.. $50 USD converted to CAD subtracted from 299..gotcha

Joel    26

/edit nevermind..i understand where you're coming from now.. $50 USD converted to CAD subtracted from 299..gotcha

It starts to look much more interesting at that point, plus mail-in rebate for free DVD kit.

Malechai    116

hell yea...I already have a gamecube so i'm enjoying that goodness, but if the xbox drops below 249 even, i'm going to get one for sure.

even at 299 i feel sorry for the suckers who bought it at 450 or whatever insane price it was when it first came out