[Review] Sony Ericsson W810i

Nice review! And, I *think* that Sony Ericsson sells the W810i within the USA as an unlocked phone.

I've had the phone a few weeks now, but there are a few annoying points. when you press the BACK button the orange mp3 player button is slightly indented into it so unless you place your finger firmly to the right more often than not you end up pressing the mp3 button when going back. The fact that the camera has no set button to be activated before i just used the slider on my w800/k750 so why did they remove it from an apparently better phone?? When taking photo's with the light on it decides to flash every few seconds, i;m sure this will be fixed in firmware upgrades though, it's also crashed 3 times in the 2 weeks ive had it.

Does the W810i have a web browser, like in the W900i? Not that a web browser on a phone would be very worthwhile, but I'm just wondering if it's there. Also, is there an included remote with this phone?

Its just retarded how good SE got to be in the past 2 years, with phones like that... who needs portable media players?

My iPod died, and those were my exact thoughts..Why buy another Portable MEdia Player when I can just get one of these..

Pity Australia is so damn far behind that we don't even support Quadband here :pinch:

My iPod died, and those were my exact thoughts..Why buy another Portable MEdia Player when I can just get one of these..

Pity Australia is so damn far behind that we don't even support Quadband here :pinch:

I believe Australia and New Zealand operate entirely in the GSM 900 MHz band. If that's in fact true, I'd certainly prefer that over multiple bands.

Does the W810i have a web browser, like in the W900i? Not that a web browser on a phone would be very worthwhile, but I'm just wondering if it's there.

You can get Opera Mini for most new SE phones now.

Are there any newer SE phones set to replace the W810i in the next month or two? I need a new phone but the W810i is a bit too expensive right now for me so I'm hoping the price might drop.

Are there any newer SE phones set to replace the W810i in the next month or two? I need a new phone but the W810i is a bit too expensive right now for me so I'm hoping the price might drop.

In the W series, the W850i and W950i are coming out soon. In the K series, you can expect to see the K790i and the K800i soon.