Ubisoft on Revolution on Gameinformer

i've been a nintedo fan since the NES back in the 80s. i do feel old :p but i haven't had a console since the N64 of any type as i have mostly grown out of being a gamer of any sorts. this console however is going to change that!! this game looks awesome, i'm looking forward to a nice mix of violent games and fun kiddy games that i can just enjoy and not think too hard about. nintendo you have my money!

Oh my god, i wasnt that impressed when they announced that it wouldnt output HDTV resolutions and wouldnt be as powerful as the 360 or the PS3, but looking at those screenshots and how they implemented the tilt controller i literally got goosebumps, i think nintendo are onto a real winner here. Looking at that im DEFINATELY going to buy a revolution.

Looking good. I've been saying all along that the Rev will be up to the task in the graphics department. Maybe not as good as the XB360 and PS3, but it will still look great and it will actually offer something different and original. Not just a graphics upgrade.

nintendo hasnt ever really been about breakthrough gfx, just fun gameplay

While true the Gamecube was quite a step up from the N64 graphics wise and was very underapreciated which is a shame because i had graphics which were on par if not better than the PS2 and Xbox. Hope this time round people will stand and take notice.

Do you think there will be an "adjusted" 16:9 mode? I really dont want to have a square anymore :/

The screenshots seems to be in 16x9. But it isn't comfirmed yet though.

People seem to be very, VERY excited about the revolution... I haven't seen many people anywhere nearly as excited for any of the other systems. I just want fun, immersive games. I want to lose myself in them and not pay attention to graphics, polygons or any other term that we've been taught to look and pay for.

I want something different... gaming has not evolved in a long time, it just gets more polygons and looks and souds prettier (sometimes). I have more fun playing Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario than I do on any of the new systems.

Where are the words I am looking for, no not those, no not those either. Must stay under the Neowin guidelines, shi- I mean crap. I KNOW!

HELL YEAH!

:D

That looks very pleasing. I've never been this excited over a console before. Not even the PS3 excites me this much. Just imagine the possibilites with the remote... tilting weapons, slashing them in anyway from any angle. Man it'll be sweet.

*Sets up camp site at his mailbox*

So when is my GameInformer May issue coming!? I already got my GamePro, PCWorld and PCMagazine may issues! It's not fair, the waiting!

The game looks sweet! I hope we see more FPS on the revolution, and with the control system, it could really work out nicely.

I stand by the statement that Mario Party with the revolution controller with 3 buddys will be the funnest thing since, well I dunno, it'll be fun.

Looks amazingly fun. If priced right, which Nintendo usually does, I am going to need an extra Entertainment Center just for my consoles.

I think that this could be alot better than the PS3 and Xbox 360, in turns of fun. Also, with all the slashing, I think it will help you get alittle into shape. Think of Smash Bros. with this...

so much for lowered expectations.

This new CPU/GPU delivers on a great comparison to PS3.

and it only costs under 199!!

I've been saying the whol etime, look at the games gamecube pumped out in terms of graphics and compare how low its raw polygon numbers were to PS2 and XBox. Nintendo knows what they're doing with consoles. I have my money on them, when we start seeing gameplay videos not only are we going to be floored at the gameplay possibilities, but I think all the non-believers will be rather surprised at what their machine is capable of with graphics.

summary from GI issue

-Destructable environments. There's a pic of a giant explosion on a carm with gang members being thrown left and right by the blast. Nice effects. The lighting on the explosion and the store signs is pretty good

-GI: we found Red Steel most enjoyable to play while standing up

-Straffing is extremely easy and effortless

-"Aiming felt similar to using a PC mouse, and it's possible to quickly explore every direction in a three-dimensional space with quick gestures"

-"In the finished game, you will be able to push forward with the controller to knock over an object to use for cover, pull it backwards to reload, and twist it to lead behind walls"

-Lob grenades with the controller, or roll them on the ground like a bowling ball

-"gangsta style" shooting is cool

-Total immersion. Feels like you are living the game

-GI: the Revolution is real

-Andy: It could change the very way all gamers are played now and forever

I've been saying the whol etime, look at the games gamecube pumped out in terms of graphics and compare how low its raw polygon numbers were to PS2 and XBox. Nintendo knows what they're doing with consoles. I have my money on them, when we start seeing gameplay videos not only are we going to be floored at the gameplay possibilities, but I think all the non-believers will be rather surprised at what their machine is capable of with graphics.

Nintendo never released the raw numbers for GameCube.

The 6-12 million was a realistic number that could be achieved in a game-environment, and highly conservative ones at that since games were pushing even higher without framerate issues.