Nintendo Should Sue

Meh, **** Sony, it won't go down well.

lol someone obviously doesn't like Sony and blames them for everything.

In relation to the game I don't think Nintendo can sue as wasn't there a game called Petz/Dogz/Catz before even Nintendogs? Plus obviously the yahoo game doesn't have the portability of the DS game. :cool:

lol someone obviously doesn't like Sony and blames them for everything.

In relation to the game I don't think Nintendo can sue as wasn't there a game called Petz/Dogz/Catz before even Nintendogs? Plus obviously the yahoo game doesn't have the portability of the DS game. :cool:

Oh, I thought it was that PSP rip-off game, my bad. Excuse me while I put the other foot in my mouth :rofl:

Oh, I thought it was that PSP rip-off game, my bad. Excuse me while I put the other foot in my mouth :rofl:

There is one being made but its not being developed by Sony.

' date='Apr 8 2006, 11:43' post='587396390']

You forget, the touch screen cababilities really helped Nintendogs out in the end.

Yahoo and PSP can't do that. ;)

This one you interact with the dog with the mouse.

I realize there have been dog training games in the past, but this is just such a blatant rip-off it's not even funny.

' date='Apr 8 2006, 19:43' post='587396390']

You forget, the touch screen cababilities really helped Nintendogs out in the end.

Yahoo and PSP can't do that. ;)

thats not techinally true, the yahoo one could be touchscreen if you pc supported it.

I'm surprised they can get away with this. One of the most blatant rips I've ever seen. Damn :| .

http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=puppyluv

Can i hear fanboy?

Like 10 years agothere was a game for PC called DOGz that did all of this crap first then later on they had CATS,etc. In fact i think the sims even did this **** before nintendo. http://petz.ubi.com/

dsc011111fe.jpg

^^^ THERE OWND :yes:

Edited by Gelob

Dogz and Cats were both good games, but they were nothing like Nintendogs at all. That's like saying everything that came after the first sci-fi FPS (not sure what that would technically be) was a rip-off.

YES! I've been looking for a cd key for Dogz for years!

;D

hahah they are on like what Dogz 212 now? Its like the Now series Now Volume 32423432

I'm not talking about the principal or concept. Like I said, I realize the dog sim idea has been done before. Just the way it was executed was waaaay too similar to Nintendogs.

It was a really popular game, so yahoo made it for the people who dont have a DS, because it would get a lot of customers, making yahoo a lot of money, thats just business, love it or hate it.

Dogz and Cats were both good games, but they were nothing like Nintendogs at all. That's like saying everything that came after the first sci-fi FPS (not sure what that would technically be) was a rip-off.

Actually, according to the original submitter, it would be like Valve (Half Life) suing Monolith for coming out with F.E.A.R. Both are FPS, but Half Life was not the first with the concept and won't be the last.