Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isidore

Tesseract

This storm has taken the lives of some residents in the Yucatan Peninsula when it passed through the region, and it has done lots of damage throughout. And it is heading towards the US mainland.

This thing is headed straight for my neck of the woods. I am sorta worried, although I don't live anywhere near the coast, I am still worried about what this storm can do.

Sub

This storm is nothing. I live in Florida. I've survived at least 20 hurricanes including Andrew the most destructive hurricane in the world.

The reason people have lost there lives in Yuctan, is becasue they dont have the awarness of the hurricanes like we do. Plus, no offence to some of the people, but the houses overthere are not stronly built, only further intensifying the effects of the storm.

I wouldnt be worried about it at all. I live real close to Miami Beach in Florida, and if you take a look at the picture below, there is a pretty goof chance this hurricane is going to hit me. But I'm not worried at all.

AL1302P.GIF

Tesseract

That is the next TS, Lili, which is espected to follow near the same path as Isidore for the next few days.

Sub

Its expected to be a hurricane in the next few hours, or the lastest by tomorrow.

3nd3r

we are gonna get hit.. i can feel it

AL1002P.GIF

Steven

They say the storm will be a Cate 2 hurricane when it hits US Land.... big deal, its not going to be anywhere near as strong as it was when it struck the yukatan area, relax.

3nd3r

nonono you mis understood. I love storms! the bigger and stronger the better! I am praying that it comes straight at me! i really am! I wanna go surfing :p

-Viper-
Originally posted by 3nd3r

nonono you mis understood. I love storms! the bigger and stronger the better! I am praying that it comes straight at me! i really am! I wanna go surfing :p

You should just take a trip to Oahu's North Shore around this time for some good 20-30 foot waves... FUN

Tesseract
Originally posted by 3nd3r

The center of the storm is expected to make landfall around New Orleans, LA and progress on an north-northeastward track, heading right my direction.

3nd3r

yes and all of the wind and rain are east of the eye. I am on the east side of New Orleans in the panhandle of florida. w00h00

Tesseract

A little bit of meteological terms here....

Drier air is being pulled into the core of Isidore. This, along with the spin of the storm, will enhance the threat of isolated tornadoes with the storm. As a matter of fact, there is a Tornado Warning for Okaloosa and Walton Counties in Florida as I type, this, a Flash Flood Watch for most of Alabama and Mississippi, Tornado Watch for SW Alabama and NW Florida, Tropical Storm Warning for the LA, MS, AL, and FL Gulf Coast, and a Hurricane Watch for the LA coast.

The tornadoes worry me as well as the rain dows.

powerdafuture

it's passed right through the area where I am....near Lafayette, LA.

username

tess, that would suck if you lost power for a few days lol