[Review] Samsung SyncMster 914v

First off let me say that I really don't know the diffrence between a 600:1 and 800:1 contrast ratio or any of that other jazz, but I do know what looks good..

Samsung SyncMster 914v

• Viewable Image Size: 19"
  • Contrast Ratio (Typical): 600:1
  • Viewing Angle (H/V, Typical): 160?/150?
  • Interface: Analog
  • Brightness (Typical): 250 cd/m2
  • Available Color(s): Black/Black

I got this monitor 3 weeks ago after my 17" CRT went down the tube(hah, pun.. sigh..). Compared to a CRT, this thing is awsome! I was always loyal to CRTs because I always had a vision of a ghosty LCDs with dead pixels and very high prices. Boy was I wrong. Not only does it have no dead pixels, no ghosting, and only set me bac$250b>, but it always takes up way less then half of the desk space, plus I can stare at it in the middle of the night in the dark without having my eyes bleed out of their sockets!

The base on this thing is very good, it does move around and it very adjustable. It also comes off very easily too. The adjustment work very nice, and there is a lot between the 0 and 100 contrast/brightness setting. The LCD itself looks awsome, its black and has a very thin border.

Image quality it very good, I play Counter Strike, Day of Defeat and other FPS on it and it is just as fast as my CRT

There is one small complaint. When I am focused on the center of the screen, and i glace at the top, you can kinda see the refreshing, or something at the top. You will only notice this when you are surfing the web, not while playing games. It really isn't that big of a deal.Pros:b>

- Pretty cheap ($250)

- Big (19")

- Great image qualityConsb>

- See above paragraph

- Not DVI (Not that big of a deal to me)

I really love this monitor~!

post-31490-1144806066_thumb.jpg

Great review dallas. You have not noticed and lag when playing games though? Usually the refresh rate on LCD's is lower than the refresh rate of CRT's, so you may notice lag. I did when I switched from a cRT to LCD, but you will get used to it. Good purchase on an LCD. :)