7800GT

7800GT

Now Silent

More power is always good (do I sound like a megalomaniac?), but it always comes at a price (do I sound like a banished megalomaniac?). In the case of graphics cards the enemy has always been noise, but Asus is the first to tame nVidia’s seven series.

The ‘EN7800GT TOP Slient’ really spells out what is on offer here: a 7800GT card which is silent thanks to the company’s famous TOP passive cooling technology. What is doesn’t reveal, however, is that the card also manages to pack way more punch than a vanilla 7800GT.

With a GPU clocked at 420MHz (20MHz over the norm) and 1.6ns DDR3 memory (opposed to 2.0ns seen elsewhere) running at a blazing 620MHz x 2, the card is way above the defacto 500MHz x2 that some editions ship with. As for the running temperature, Asus boasts it is no less than 40 degrees cooler than comparable thermal solutions and the copper fins positioned on the joint design can actually be rotated 90 degrees (angles, not centigrade this time) to avoid getting in the way of other critical internal components and thus improving heat dissipation. Clever stuff.

Available immediately the EN7800GT TOP Silent can be found retailing online from ?285 excluding VAT, which – in my book – makes it rather a bargain (at least for the next few seconds until graphics card prices are slashed again).

Sounds like a great card, I like the idea of rotation. Is it one of these new cards were it will be turned around to improve heat dissipation, I remember there was a post on that not long ago.

Thanks for setting that straight chonline, it's not fair that he takes credit for other people's reviews :o

exactly, like why does this guy just go around copying everyone's articles and pasting them on here? Look at the main "Reviews by Members for Members" page, his articles he's posted are all by other people :no:

lol it's not too hard to figure out. Just take some hints...

1) He doesnt have his own photos

2) He sounds too professional to be writing all these reviews on a forum (Well, I write reviews and I don't write it the 'serious' way)

3) All of them are posted in one day; some are a few minutes apart

4) If he can write like that, then there would be links to his site in his sig or whatever

etc etc

No offence @ thread starter :)

Ya you all are right that I copy eviews but I also don't take credit. Man, the aim of this forum was to provide the members with reviews so that they can select what do they would like to spend their money on. and I'm helping them with that. What do you think I want to take credit of these posts? Well, no I just want to help the members. And next time I'll also provide you the e-mail address of the person who wrote the review.

Ya you all are right that I copy eviews but I also don't take credit. Man, the aim of this forum was to provide the members with reviews so that they can select what do they would like to spend their money on. and I'm helping them with that. What do you think I want to take credit of these posts? Well, no I just want to help the members. And next time I'll also provide you the e-mail address of the person who wrote the review.

No offense or anything but I could easily find these types of reviews with google. There's no point in taking a bunch of reviews and posting it up here. The one thing I like about this area of NeoWin is the fact that you can ask questions to the poster/owner of the item/software. See I can't do that if I have a question about this item and you can't answer because... you didn't really review the item. :rolleyes: It's bad enough that you didn't even bother to spend one minute to copy and paste the source. :angry: :angry:

If I didn't know any better, I would just think you do this to raise your post count. But I could be wrong. :whistle:

provide the members with reviews

Sure, your forgetting that this sub-forum is for "Reviews by Members for Members" not by http://www.trustedreviews.com, if people want full/pro reviews then can go to google and find tons there, no need for you to play search engine.

If you want to why not wrte your own.

edit: ^ well said :)