AutoPatcher XP April 2006

Okay...none of the auto patchers are working.mine just sits their on 1% complete..anyone know were i can find one that actually works.

WHat module is it stuck installing? Have you tried not selecting that module to be installed and trying again?

firstly, many thanks for an ace package.

Now the problem, KB84020.

I cant see it in the list to deselect, but it freezes my machine everytime.

I got the update on its own from MS but same happens.

My guess is its because I have a hacked tcpip.sys on this box for p2p apps and its that thas causing the issue.

Any ideas on a fix/workround?

WHat module is it stuck installing? Have you tried not selecting that module to be installed and trying again?

Well..It gets on a different one. First it was some highmat thingie, unchecked that thou and tryed doing all the other ones, but it still just sits their at 1% complete. It said on the thing that the proedure may take a couple minutes to more then an hour, but I had waited more then that and it still just sits their at 1% complete. I've pratically tryed all the mirrors on this thread from TheBlazingAngel's post on page 1. Am I missing something here that I also need to use it or what.

@Guolong, 84020 is an invalid KB number, it should be six characters long, you need to specify the correct KB number else no-ones going to be able to help

hacks do sometimes cause problems, usually because the hacked file becomes out of date and so doesnt work correctly with other newer files.

why do you have a hacked tcpip.sys file anyways? if its to do with that 10 connections limit introduced in xpsp2, i suggest you read this if you havent already

@Medieval Knight, please do not waste our bandwidth like that, if a download matches the md5 checksum listed in the first post, then its probably not corrupt.

i havent seen or heard about it before, so i dont know how to solve it. try some of the solutions to other common problems as described here and see if any of that helps.

Edited by TheBlazingAngel

^ well, the only file that update replaces is tcpip.sys, so i guess your going to have to find a way to reverse that patcher and get rid of it to see if it solves the problem.

ok, basically, xpsp2 put a *limit* on tcpip connections in an attempt at slowing down the spread of worms (viruses!). many people mistakenly thought it limited them to having a maximum of 10 connections at a time, or felt it would break p2p software, and so decided to hack the dll and alter the restriction.

however, the *limit* does not affect networking, internet browsing, or bit torrent. whether it slows down p2p is questionable. the *limit* does NOT limit you to having just 10 connections at a time, but instead restricts the number of connections that can be created every second to 10.

The point of the post was to point out the mistakes people were making.

The only time you should patch the dll is if it does improve p2p for you, or if you want to stop p2p causing entries in your event logger.

understand?

the hack does come with an un-installer, even if it didnt by changing the file windows file protection kicks in and replaces the file with the original. Which you'd think would sort it. right?

Nah, froze in exactly the same place.

Just checked the event logs and there's nothing suspicious looking just the msi service starting.

@Medieval Knight, please do not waste our bandwidth like that, if a download matches the md5 checksum listed in the first post, then its probably not corrupt.

i havent seen or heard about it before, so i dont know how to solve it. try some of the solutions to other common problems as described here and see if any of that helps.

Sorry... I didn't know or how I was wasteing bandwidth. sorry thou and as for that link, step 4 seemed to be my problem..

4) Installation wizzes by in about 10 seconds but nothing installs

Likely cause - you have non-alphanumeric characters in your Windows username!

I highly doubt I have non-aplanumeric characters in my windows username. My windows user name is just my real name, which is Keri. I've had other AP's work before just fine, but now it seem's to not be working. As I said before though in my other post, it does install, but when trying to do the updates, it only gets to 1% percet complete and sits their.

@Guolung

windows file protection simply copies backup copies from C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache if it notices a files goes missing or is changed.

if the uninstaller isnt working, youll need to delete the backup copy, then delete the actual copy (if possible, might be in use!), and then install the patch.

note, if you delete both copies, make sure a copy exists after running the patch, if not and you reboot, windows might crash, you have been warned!

@Medieval Knight, 'how' - you said youd tried all the mirrors, i assume you eman you tried downlading a copy from each mirror? if so dont!

i meant solutions like running the setup files in the /win9xnt folder, or copying files to C:\WINDOWS\system32

how many modules are failing, is it just 2? try some more to make sure its not simply an issue with the modules themselves!

after i installed this april version,i had shut down problem, once i click shut down, its hang !

in five times shut down, three times is hang, any idea of these ?

what should i do ?

@Medieval Knight, 'how' - you said youd tried all the mirrors, i assume you eman you tried downlading a copy from each mirror? if so dont!

i meant solutions like running the setup files in the /win9xnt folder, or copying files to C:\WINDOWS\system32

how many modules are failing, is it just 2? try some more to make sure its not simply an issue with the modules themselves!

I tryed pratially all the mirror's and then when I downloaded them from almost all the mirrors, it just always does the same thing as I had in my previous post. It's more then just 2 that are failing and that get stuck at 1% complete. It shouldn't take more then 1 whole day just to get critical updates from it. Inless someone actually had that happen to them.

I can work on the spanish autopatcher. Who do I have to contact?

Cheers for Gabbix !!!

Thank you for your interest on the spanish verion.

If you need some help (perhaps translations...) just ask

Thanx again.. :D

Is there a simple way to make a translation ?

I could work on the Dutch version (together with EvinCar ???) if no one else is working on it.

Since we're using the EN version at work, I might as well give something back :D

I'll check the forum for translation instructions.

Is there a simple way to make a translation ?

I could work on the Dutch version (together with EvinCar ???) if no one else is working on it.

Since we're using the EN version at work, I might as well give something back :D

I'll check the forum for translation instructions.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=333746 :)

I downloaded April version yesterday. Finally, the problem with detection of KB891122 is solved. However, ActiveSync 4.1 still can't be detected. And I can't find Google Toolbar 3.0.131.0. I guess someone removed the old version from "Windows addons" and forgot to put the new one. And where are ASPI drivers? I can't find them too.

And why aren't the themes from 64-bit version included in 32-bit version? :D

When is the home page going to be updated? :blink:

Oh, and another thing. The EU screensaver still can't be installed from AP, it can only be installed manually (by running EU2004.exe). Not so big deal, but it should be corrected. :)

i just install a fresh win xp sp2....now i want to install AutoPatcher XP April 2006...so i need the preview version of autopatcher, or this one it's enoght to be uptodate ..... :unsure:

i just install a fresh win xp sp2....now i want to install AutoPatcher XP April 2006...so i need the preview version of autopatcher, or this one it's enoght to be uptodate ..... :unsure:

You need to get the Full or Lite release for AutoPatcher XP April 2006, to be up to date..

(Since you don't have a previous version, you don't need to download the April 2006 Update)

I downloaded April version yesterday. Finally, the problem with detection of KB891122 is solved. However, ActiveSync 4.1 still can't be detected.

There seemes to be a problem with the detection of ActiveSync, along with the PowerToys, which has not been solved yet. TheBlazingAngel has said he will look into it for next relese, and I myself have done some testing on that, but I haven't figured it out. We hope on the May release for everything to be solved.

And I can't find Google Toolbar 3.0.131.0. I guess someone removed the old version from "Windows addons" and forgot to put the new one. And where are ASPI drivers? I can't find them too.

These problems must occure, because of a false translation. Maybe you should contact the translator of your release for that

Edited by heZzel