SK-8115 keyboard driver

i have a dell dimension 5000, i didnt buy it a parent did, lol

its windows xp

anyway, i had to do a format and reinstal windows about a week ago

everything was fine until i started playing games, had jittering from my mouse, and typing with my keyboard led to it being really slow, and keys like the arrow keys, when pressed woudlnt respond that well, or the game would think it was being pressed longer than it was

it seems to be a slow down form the keyboard and the games during play

i had reinstalled all the drivers from the resource cd's that came with the comp but there was no keyboard or mouse drivers

im on windows xp, so i understand why they woudlnt

i looked in the device manager and the keyboard and mouse are listed under HID keyboard divice

does anyone know of any drivers that would work or where i could get them, ive tryd dell, but there as useless as usual :laugh:

Ive already uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it, got to rememeber this is a dell :laugh:

before i reinstalled windows the keyboard was coming up with make etc etc, but not now :(

• 2 weeks later...

well i figured it out, nothing to do with drivers for my keyboard of mouse, but was the HID stuff

i looked into the services for xp and found that the HID stuff was off, so turned it on and it kept getting an error, so i looked online at the problem and found that there were 3 possible files to blame, mouclass.sys, mouhid.sys and hidserv.dll

i looked online for a wile and coudlnt find them all, stupid subscription sites wanting my money lol

but found them all in my system32 folder in a driver folder, which was fairly annyoing after hours of looking -_-

anyway, they work fine now, just thought id mention it incase someone else ever has this problem :D

• 5 months later...

Yes, I have this same problem, and this is what I found when I googled. PLZ PLZ

tell me what did you do????????? PLZ I found the files, or at least two of them, what do i do????

Gah, I'm here I'm here, lol

Ok, if i remember rightly,

Go to services

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

When thats open, scroll down and find "HID Input Service", and set this to automatic

IF this doesn't work

Download copy of these files mouclass.sys, mouhid.sys and hidserv.dll files somewhere.

Put all three of them in your system32 folder then restart.

Hopefully that will solve the problem.

(Ive added the files you might need in an attachment)

HIDFiles.zip

Hmm, I think i might of gone through this too, The service wouldn't start properly because a service it relied on wasn't working properly as well.

Unfortunately I've forgotten what it was, sorry.