Zelda OoT on Gamecube bug?

I began playing Zelda OoT on my Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition disc the other day, and once I get to Hyrule Castle (after you wake up the sleeping Talon), you're supposed to sneak your way into the castle without being seen by the guards... except, for some reason the camera doesn't move with Link when I walk in there. So how am I supposed to get past the guards? It's a little dissapointing, now I'm worried I won't be able to play through the game. Anyone seen this problem or know a workaround? Thanks.

Well, I figured it out... if you walk into the castle, and immediately L-Target (it's on the gamecube), then the camera will get messed up... so you have to walk around as soon as you walk in. Scared me there...

my favorite game of all time

Yes, I completely agree... can't wait until the next one comes out in September, my best friend bought me a gamecube for my birthday just for that game. I was excited.

I never found out exactly what was different in the Master Quest version of the game... and I'm not even sure I have the Master Quest version... it's in a Zelda Promotional Disc case with the 2 NES games, OoT, Majora's Mask, demo of Windwaker, and a couple of videos... is this version of OoT the Master Quest?

Is there any way to get a hold of a copy of the Master Quest version of the game now?

The Master Quest version came with the Ocarina Of Time bonus disc with Wind Waker in the UK. The disc had original Ocarina Of Time and Master Quest on it. But, if you're in the US i think it came as a bonus disc with a few other games aswell as Wind Waker, and was also avaliable separately.

Afaik, the only difference between Master Quest and the original game is that its slightly harder, and the dungeons are rearranged, don't think theres any new content though. I've got it but never bothered playing it, im just happy with the original game.

This sums it up.

Now I want to buy the Master Quest version of the game, but I'm not sure if it's really worth 50 bucks. For some reason I still think I'm gonna buy it eventually.

Now I want to buy the Master Quest version of the game, but I'm not sure if it's really worth 50 bucks. For some reason I still think I'm gonna buy it eventually.

If you haven't played Ocarina of Time in ages, and don't have access to it via general legal means, then yes, you should buy Master Quest, after all, it comes with the original, and it runs at a full 60 frames per second at a higher resolution. Or, if you just want a more nostalgic trip while getting more bang for your buck, sacrafice MQ and get Zelda: Collectors edition for GCN.

Personally, I have both (paid for CE seperately, got MQ with a bundle). Weirdly, Master Quest is shorter (note: not noticeably). The guy who did the OoT speed run, TSA, managed to speed through MQ faster then OoT. Go figure :p It's definately a worthwhile investment IMO. For both people who want a nostalgia trip and for those who want a little bit extra difficulty on OoT (For example: there's fire bats lurking in the Deku Tree -- as soon as they hit you, BAM! Deku Shield = gone :) It's stuff like that).

If you haven't played Ocarina of Time in ages, and don't have access to it via general legal means, then yes, you should buy Master Quest, after all, it comes with the original, and it runs at a full 60 frames per second at a higher resolution. Or, if you just want a more nostalgic trip while getting more bang for your buck, sacrafice MQ and get Zelda: Collectors edition for GCN.

Personally, I have both (paid for CE seperately, got MQ with a bundle). Weirdly, Master Quest is shorter (note: not noticeably). The guy who did the OoT speed run, TSA, managed to speed through MQ faster then OoT. Go figure :p It's definately a worthwhile investment IMO. For both people who want a nostalgia trip and for those who want a little bit extra difficulty on OoT (For example: there's fire bats lurking in the Deku Tree -- as soon as they hit you, BAM! Deku Shield = gone :) It's stuff like that).

The dungeons are shorter in Master Quest, a couple of them can be beaten without even going into a lot of the rooms. Usually they just hide a gold skulltula in those extra rooms.

And speaking of that.... how the hell do you get that gold skulltula that is on the cieling of that room in the Deku Tree? o_o

Anyone know where I can see screenshot comparisons of the two versions? I have the original OoT for N64, and I have the collector's disc for Gamecube, now I kind of want to buy the Master Quest version because you guys said it runs at a faster framerate and has a higher resolution... if it looks much better I am definitely going to buy it.