When is the best time to take protein

Im going to the gym 2 -3 times a week and wana gain some more weigt. Im 6' 4" and weigh about 175 pounds.

Ive bought 2 different shakes, the first one is high in protein, the 2nd is high in carbs. when would be the best time to take the shakes? @breakfeast, lunch, before or after workout?

Proteins (what will build your body mass) : in the mornig, after workout and before bed time.

Carbs (what gives you the energy to train and live): should be divided during the day, specially before workout.

this is a general notion about it.

Thats not a bad weight your in for your height especially to fight. You got reach. Im 5'11" and about 190 right now. Im tryin to work myself down to 175 by summer. I say take it right after a workout. And just eat a good cereal like vector that has protein in it so you don't need to take a shake in the morning.

You think you are skinny? I am 6' 4" as well and I am 163.. I am a twig :p I tried protein in the morning and at night and it did not help me at all… my metabolism is just so freakin high it just burns right off… :/

Food in gereral digests in your body at the same rate, no matter what time of day it is........ the exception is when you sleep. Your WHOLE metabolism slows down then.

So, there really isn't any "best" time to take protein (or anything else, for that matter) as long as it is in the day. And it also is probably not so good to train on a "full" stomach (my experience, not a rule here).

Barney (Registered Nurse)