Flash Intro Contest!

Question

I don't mind, but if you wanted to add some, possible ideas could be:

"instructional guitar media"

or

"Instructional guitar media > Free lessons > DVDs > video downloads > Q&A forum > and more..."

(where the '>' would be a new line or next line fading in/out

but text isn't necessary unless you have an idea that text would look good with.

Oh and it MUST be unique, i don't want to see the same intro on another site with a few tweeks!

Also, please keep the colours white red and black, as to fit with the website. silver etc is OK.

Thanks

Hey,

Do you really need a flash intro, or a splash page at all for that matter? I thought that these days the general consensus was that people don't do intro's anymore cause people are growing less and less patient and thus want to get where they want as fast as possible.

I've personally always liked adding flashy intros to pages, lets me show off a bit :p. But whenever I actually go to a site with an intro I just skip it anyway.

lol, i offered neowinians here $100 to edit some strings on a souce i have and compile it, should take em about 30 mins, haha funny no one wants money these days...

Hi all,

I've been a regular at Neowin for a while now but never ventured into the boards - i saw someone running a contest for a logo and decided to do the same with my website for a Flash intro.

The site is - www.shredacademy.com - as you can see there is a logo welcome page - i want to swap this with something interesting, but i am about as creative as a stoned doormouse, so if anyone would like to submit their ideas i will be happy to pay ?75 or $150 USD or equivalent in your local currency to the one that gets used. Maybe more if the design is good enough to warrent a lot of work. I just want it to have the wow-factor like i think the website itself has. Bear in mind the site is about 'shred' guitar (playing guitar extremely fast e.t.c) so i thought possibly something with a saw-blade razor type thing involved that cuts the logo to pieces or something, but like i said, no creativity so you just do what you want, dont listen to me!

Any takers?

well i'll be honest with you, most of the flash sites i do at my compay usually cost around $2500, for a intro the right price would be $300 or so, but ya, i could give it a try if u wanna raise it and talk to me, pm me and i'll give u my AIM, we can work something out....

Anybody???? Am i not offering enough money??? :blush:

Give it some time, I think i'll start working on it. Out of curiosity how long do you want the intro to be?

Blackima raises a good point, so with that in mind, i'd say about 5 seconds is enough. just something that looks cool and doesnt take up too much bandwidth or time to play

I don't expect everyone to create a fully-working flash design only for me to pick someone else but just any static images will do so i can see your ideas thats all i am looking for. thanks guys! No immediate rush, but the sooner you do get your ideas up the less chance i have of picking someone elses i guess!

Heh, here you go:

http://blackima.com/blah.php

I'll charge you ?0 / $0 for that, cause that's what it's worth ;))

I thought that was really good!....till i turned the sound on!! :blush:: i like the animation but if you could find a spinning sound to go with the spinng ninjastar thing thatd be worth doing coz i seriously like it. simple and effective.:))

by the way where'd you get the image for the ninjastar?

I thought that was really good!....till i turned the sound on!! :blush: i like the animation but if you could find a spinning sound to go with the spinng ninjastar thing thatd be worth doing coz i seriously like it. simple and effective. :)

by the way where'd you get the image for the ninjastar?

Aw, the sound was the only bit I liked....I tried to make it....guitary :pinch: :p

But sure, I'll see if I can find an appropriate "woosh" for it :laugh:

And the ninjastar I just drew in flash using the ones on your websites as a reference

got the PSD for the logo so I can animate different parts?

heh, that would've been useful :p

if he doesn't have the psd here's a pretty similar vector of the ninja star featured in logo:

star.png

as for the text I just cut it out from the logo on the splash page :pinch: so you'll either have to do the same / hope he still has the psd / make it from scratch

EDIT didnt see the 2nd page of comments!

No i dont have the .psd file i was never given it from the logo designer, and the only original i have of the ninjastar is a grey version that isnt any good!

I am very much liking blackima's effort, and is so-far the one to beat. I'll give you guys another week or so before deciding for sure incase any late entries want to make an appearance!

I guess it's looking like Blackima is going to win by default!

I still love it, just looked again, although would you be able to make the 'click here to enter' sign appear under the Academy at the end? possibly fading in/out in a throbbing kinda motion,

If you do that i might just pull the content now for it being so good! unless someone else has a better idea

I guess it's looking like Blackima is going to win by default!

I still love it, just looked again, although would you be able to make the 'click here to enter' sign appear under the Academy at the end? possibly fading in/out in a throbbing kinda motion,

If you do that i might just pull the content now for it being so good! unless someone else has a better idea

Oh my :o, lol

Well, here's "blah number 4" :p:

http://blackima.com/blah4.php

can you post the psd file so i may use it in the flash project

He said he doesn't have it, the logo designer neve gave it to him :(