LCD or Plasma?

Ok thanks for moving it, I didn't see it there sorry, but yeah the only thing I'm worrying about is whether or not we made a good choice?

Good budget set. I'm not going to lie and say it beats a Pioneer or Hitachi, but it's a good set in the price range it's in. The ambilight is nice but can be a little gimmicky, though the set does have good blacks. You may want to use a "cool" color tone on the set, though. It tends to be a bit red heavy.

Yep sounds like a nice choice, i have always loved phillips natural motion features! Although i did go through about 4 of there Tv's in 1 month...Although they where happy to replace them! This was a CRT tv and im sure there new tv's are fine! Good luck and have fun with it!

Alright thanks bangbang for the advice, now I feel better about choosing the set.

You should. It's a good purchase without going nuts. If I were you, I'd probably set the ambilight to a static color instead of letting it change color to match the picture since it's rarely accurate and the lack of accuracy can get distracting. I'd put it on white and leave it. With the video settings, like I said, try cool to see how it looks and work from there. If you really want to get it set up right, look for the AVIA calibration DVD which will walk you through perfectly configuring your picture settings.

this is a good point, but the manual for my LCD TV tells me not to play consoles on it because the HUD will case burn in. Strange

samsung says that in every one of their display manuals. it only applies to plasma.

avsforums has all the calibration stuff you could ever want.