Xboxic XDU in Austrailia

Check it out, great coverage of the event in Austraila:

Major Nelson's Presenation

Key Points:

• Speaking of background downloading, Larry confirmed that it’s working (yay!) and will be shipping soon.

• Finally Larry was also queried on the subject of a web browser appearing for Xbox 360. He immediately responded by asking what it would be used for. The main use would in practice be content related to the game currently playing, such as FAQ’s or walkthroughs. These they’d much rather integrate into the interface itself next to the rest of the game information than allow you to browse for them via a wide-open webbrowser that is practically unusable via a controller and a huge security risk to the system. Larry also points out that they’ve left space on the dashboard interface for an extra blade on purpose, hinting towards future applications such as these. My question about whether this isn’t reserved for the TV blade was answered by “don’t know”, a welcome alternative to Microsoft’s usual “We don’t comment on rumors or speculation” ;)

• Street Fighter II and Cloning Clyde (for XBLA)

street-fighter-ii.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XBOX 360 Water Balloon Fight!

fight-1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom GamerPics Will be Possible!

On the way to the restaurant today we were discussing the possibility of uploading custom gamer pictures to your gamercard and whether it could be done. Larry said they have “found a solution that everybody will like”.

More Street Fighter II and Cloning Clyde Info and Pics

street-fighter-2-1.jpg

cloning-clyde-1.jpg

XDU: Who paid for it and why?

Pretty interesting stuff, if you're situated around that area and went to the event be sure to share your experience/pictures! :D

Edited by magik

is there just space for a SINGLE blade? :(

But yeah I agree with the web browser security issues but the general consumer won't care.

PSP has web browser, Nintendo DS will have one soon, PS2 had some via a hack and Playstation 3 will have one. Nintendo Revolution will most likely have one too.

All they have to do is create a simple browser that doesn't run any kinds of scripts, including Javascript (well designed websites should be able to function without it). Doesn't matter to me either way, but it'd be nice to have just in case I end up wanting one later.

Anyhoo, I'm about to RTFA. I'm very glad to see that background DL's are coming soon! Let's see what Cloning Clyde is all about?

I was there, in the first 'X'. Fun day, especially when the thousands of water balloons were going everywhere. Everyone got a retail 360 game to take home, I got PGR3. :D

:o I'm so jealous! Sounds like fun. :)

:o I'm so jealous! Sounds like fun. :)

It was great. Excellent weather too (was suppose to rain). Here's what I got from going:

Xbox 360 bag (originally filled with the water balloons)

Xbox 360 shirt (green)

Xbox 360 goggles (had to wear these during the water balloon fight)

Xbox 360 hat

Xbox 360 sweatband

Xbox 360 lanyard

Goggle case (I think)

Can of Coke and NutriGrain bar

Xbox 360 'The Experience' Retail Kiosk disc (was surprised to see this in there)

Project Gotham Racing 3

Oh and some people were playing Table Tennis (Rockstar) on some of the LCDs there. Graphics were some of the best I've seen.

It was great. Excellent weather too (was suppose to rain). Here's what I got from going:

Xbox 360 shirt (green)

Xbox 360 hat

Xbox 360 sweatband

Xbox 360 lanyard

Goggle case (I think)

Xbox 360 'The Experience' Retail Kiosk disc (was surprised to see this in there)

Project Gotham Racing 3

Oh and some people were playing Table Tennis (Rockstar) on some of the LCDs there. Graphics were some of the best I've seen.

Wow. That sounds awesome. Wish we had stuff like that.

I'm eager to see what the gamer picture solution is. I'd love to use some of my own pics.

Xbox 360 shirt (green)

Xbox 360 hat

Xbox 360 sweatband

Xbox 360 lanyard

Goggle case (I think)

Project Gotham Racing 3

Wow that's so cool! Sounds like a blast! :D Was this all free?? :blink:

Wow that's so cool! Sounds like a blast! :D Was this all free?? :blink:

AU$20 entry fee with $5 donated to the Coogee Surf Lifesaving from every registration. PGR3 is $100 over here, with the entire pack being worth AU$150. Not bad. :)

AU$20 entry fee with $5 donated to the Coogee Surf Lifesaving from every registration. PGR3 is $100 over here, with the entire pack being worth AU$150. Not bad. :)

Not bad at all, that sounds awesome! :yes:

Yeah, Microsoft did a good job of hosting the event. I heard it was 6 months worth of planning. Good way to advertise too. ;)

6 months planning? Wasn't it just to celebrate the launch in Australia and the success they had? :huh:

6 months planning? Wasn't it just to celebrate the launch in Australia and the success they had? :huh:

* The Water Balloon Challenge reflects the Australian lifestyle (beach, sports, sun)

* The W.B.C. marks and celebrates the launch period culmination

* It was geared to simulate the gamers playing a real life video game

* One of the Organizers was Michael Chugg, a rock promoter legend

* They had over 2,900 people involved in the water balloon fight

* Each person was handed a bag of 12 balloons to throw (I grabbed 3 bags!)

* It was originally locally certified as beating the previous world record

* Before the water balloon fight people stood in the formation of the Xbox 360 logo

* They used G.P.S. to mark out the logo placement for people to stand in

* A Helicopter recorded the event from above

* They had a massive stage and a live rock concert after the water balloon fight

* The event was 6 months in planning

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/specials...oon%20Challenge

Yeah, Microsoft did a good job of hosting the event. I heard it was 6 months worth of planning. Good way to advertise too. ;)

that's why we rule so much! :p :whistle:

you can expect to see this kind of events all over the world during the comming months, this time around the budget for marketing and brand positioning is quite "generous". :shifty: :laugh: :rofl: :p

anyways, good to hear you had a great time; as for our friends in the US and Europe don't feel bad cuz we haven't forgot about you... just wait a bit more for E3 and you'll see what I'm talking about... ;) :shiftyninja:

and remember... "It's good to play together!" : yes: :woot: