anyone have the Canon S2 IS?

was wondering if anyone had this little beast..been saving money for an investment (i have around 240, dad is pitching 100-130), most likely gonna pick one up from bestbuy this weekend (employee discount makes it a good price)..

soooo anyone have one/know someone who has one/any experience with this camera?

Hmm..

Personally I would go for the new Powershot A700 camera... it has some impressive specs and just came out this month! It is smaller and has a very large screen...

Also, it only has a street price of $315 USD or so.

6.0 megapixel sensor

35-210mm (equiv.) F2.8-4.8 6x zoom lens

DIGIC II image processor and iSAPS technology

Accurate focusing with FlexiZone AF/AE

ISO 800 shooting

Widescreen (16:9) stills recording

30fps VGA movie recording

1cm macro mode

Full photographic control

2.5" LCD with Night Display and Grid Line Display

Optional tele, wide and close up convertors

Otherwise, go for the A620...

If you really want to have the video modes, then you should probably go for the newer Canon S3 IS which just came out as well. The MRSP is a bit more, but if you want to look into the specs it is an improvement over the S2 IS which is aging quite a bit by now.

2 of my coworkers have the S2, which I told him to buy hehe. They are very happy so far and do not regret their buy at all. Personally, I find G3 too expensive for that more it gives you compared to the S2.. Here's a link see comparison (I added the powershot 700) and read users review.

You know, any canon and nikon camera in that range isnt a wrong buy. Look at the specs, like optical (tele) zoom and buy from there..