Is this a good lcd for gaming?

I just saw the new Sharp 45" in our Bestbuy and it simply amazes me. I am now waiting for Sharp LC-26D40U 26" AQUOS LCD HDTV, which is the brand new LCD line of Sharp TV's. The things that attract me to this LCD is the fact that it's black, 1200:1 contrast ratio, 176 viewing angle and 2 HDMI ports. I know Sharp was always good with movement for gaming. My primary use for this will be gaming on my 360.

Also I just got word that the new Samsung, LNS2651D is out and that it is supposed to be better. These two are my choices, so please, I need professional opinions.

thank you.

I prefer the Samsung. The Sharp tends to have a finer image, but the Samsung has better colors, better sharpness and looks better aesthetically.

I prefer the Samsung. The Sharp tends to have a finer image, but the Samsung has better colors, better sharpness and looks better aesthetically.

I was waiting for your reply. We didn't get either of these at BB yet here so I can't save money yet. I just got my BB card the other day, with the starting of a new "government" job I figured, why not. Got my 360 with 10 games and a load of accessories.

I think I am going to go with samsung after all then, I think the one I am thinking of is available in both black and white and I'd prefer black.

Any other LCD Monitors I should be aware of in this category? (eg: 26")

Thnx.

I think the Samsung is your best bet. The Sony s2000 is nice but it appears that the backlighting is too bright. I've seen many of the sets with a hotspot/bleeding in the center.

Samsung FTW (Y) they hold up forever and are great in terms of color and everything... I have a HDTV I got a while back they don't even have it on their site anymore but it is still running perfectly :D never had any issues with my Samsung TVs or computer LCDs

i just picked up an HP which is a rebadged sharp. it works great for gaming. sharps also have a game mode, where they turn off all processing to help increase response. one downside of the samsungs is that you cannot turn off DNIE. take a look at the HP LC2600N.

i just picked up an HP which is a rebadged sharp. it works great for gaming. sharps also have a game mode, where they turn off all processing to help increase response. one downside of the samsungs is that you cannot turn off DNIE. take a look at the HP LC2600N.

I've been thinking about getting the HP one and using it both as a TV and a PC monitor. Have you tried using it as a monitor? If so, how does it look? I'd appreciate your input. Thanks.

it's great for a pc monitor. 1368x768 per pixel mapping, looks very sharp. didn't even need to use powerstrip.

the 26" HP is $800, which is a damn good price too.

Samsung make awesome monitors. I got a 172x back when everyone was saying LCD's would never be good for gaming because of ghosting etc. Never had one problem with it then, still don't now. Definately get a Samsung monitor. :)