Yahoo! Messenger 7.5.0.811

They added an advertisement to the buddy list recently, right?

Correct. It's not as big as Windows Live Messenger's, but the fact is - they've never had one there and they are just now adding one. :( For some reason mine's not showing up. You can see the white spot where it should be, but no ad. Fine with me though. :cool:

Yep, me no likey ads. There is NOTHING new in this program. All they do is just keep re-branding the voice chat feature that has been there since 1999. WTH.... give us something new.

And is there any word about when it's supposed to allow MSN integration? The latest Mac version is still 2.5.3 or something like that and I haven't heard anything about this integration bit for a while.

Haha...how come mine is called AT&T Yahoo Messenger with Voice? It's the same build as the first poster's screenshot.

This is not Beta. It is a final release. Please change the name of this to state that its the final cause its misleading otherwise.

Done and thanks. My big mistake.

Haha...how come mine is called AT&T Yahoo Messenger with Voice? It's the same build as the first poster's screenshot.

Screen shot? Not that I don't believe you, just I would like to see. I think Yahoo! may be using AT&T for there voice services.

A sincere advice from me dont install 7.5 . Its a huge memory hogger. I have customized and played with the preference. Using classic theme and disabled Yahoo search bar, voice bar, toolbar, content search bar.

All content tabs are disabled. And the look is just minimalistic.

It uses more than 35megs of memory. Stick with version 7.0.2 if you can till a decent version is out.

post-44892-1146164217_thumb.jpg

I couldn't get the beta version to install on my AMD64 machine. i dunno why. +(

I am using the Yahoo Voice out and I like it! It is better than having a home phone and good for those times when you need to make calls to avoid going over your cell phone minutes.

I don't think the 7.0.2 has the voice out feature. otherwise I would use it. I can't wait to figure out how to get rid of the retarded ads.

thats odd, my yahoo messenger process appears as ypager.exe not YahooMessenger.exe, doesn't seem right to me :\

Mine isnt using hardly 20mb.. Can someone tell me how ads keep you from doing anything? People complain about ads way to dang much.. Like they keep them from doing something they could do without them. Granted huge ads take up to much space.. But little ones who cares?

thats odd, my yahoo messenger process appears as ypager.exe not YahooMessenger.exe, doesn't seem right to me :\

ypager has been the exectuable name for as long as I can remember.

ypager has been the exectuable name for as long as I can remember.

My statement was in reference to the screenshot shown, my apologies for the confusion. Mine has always been ypager.exe, the screenie showed YahooMessenger.exe, which didn't look right to me

• 2 weeks later...