Nintendo PR head explains "wii"

HE talks so much about gameplay, but he mentions that they want everyone to play. **** everyone. I want games that gamers want to play, like GTA, Halo, etc. I don't want to sit down and play some gay ass fishing game with my grandma. This had better be worth the wait. I'm tired of being disapointed by nintendo. 64 had some decent games, GC had even less good games. DS finally got innovative, and that better carry over to the Wii.

HE talks so much about gameplay, but he mentions that they want everyone to play. **** everyone. I want games that gamers want to play, like GTA, Halo, etc. I don't want to sit down and play some gay ass fishing game with my grandma. This had better be worth the wait. I'm tired of being disapointed by nintendo. 64 had some decent games, GC had even less good games. DS finally got innovative, and that better carry over to the Wii.

That's the exact attitude and players they don't want on their system the "**** all other people". Guess the wii isn't for you.

Revolution sure sounded awesome to us.... but we're not the only target audience here. To Nintendo, Revolution sounds just as intimidating to non-gamers as X-Box360 and Playstation 3. They didn't want that. They want something simple, fun, easy, and thats what wii got.

I don't mind the name. Revolution would've been cool and all... but I don't think it was right. Just give it some time, hopefully before E3 people will stop trying to think they're internet comedians.

"hay guys I just thought of this on my own.... wii is liiek wee, like pee1!! LOLOLOL

imagin tryin 2 haev a coversation like HEY WII U WANT 2 pLAY WII LOL!!!!!"

;D

I guess it's only the internet that immediately finds humor in "wee."

I asked my ten and eleven year old brothers what they thought, and they didn't even make that connotation.

Your ten + eleven year old brothers are in the target age group though. Give them two - three years and they'll get it. :p

Everyone is in the target age group ;D

Here's a fan made video of the type of advertising Nintendo could do with the Wii. Looks pretty neat to me. I don't like the name much but the Logo looks great.

http://www.btrproductions.org/~traveller/Wii-Normal.mov

QT7:

http://www.btrproductions.org/~traveller/Wii-QT7.mov

Another one:

http://www.btrproductions.org/~traveller/Wii%202-Normal.mov

Edited by NeoNut

Here's a fan made video of the type of advertising Nintendo could do with the Wii. Looks pretty neat to me. I don't like the name much but the Logo looks great.

http://www.btrproductions.org/~traveller/Wii-Normal.mov

QT7:

http://www.btrproductions.org/~traveller/Wii-QT7.mov

Another one:

http://www.btrproductions.org/~traveller/Wii%202-Normal.mov

Whoa. Wheres that cel-shaded mario footage from? O_o

Everyone is in the target age group ;D

Of course sales are wanted from every age. But, Nintendo has always gone for the younger children more than other age groups.

Of course sales are wanted from every age. But, Nintendo has always gone for the younger children more than other age groups.

I guess. But I always find it hard to believe. At college I see Gamecube played more than any system, and whenever I seem to walk into a store that offers demoes of Xbox360, PS2, and Gamecube I see the youngest of the players on the 360, which boggles my mind.

That might be some wierd upstate New York thing though. o_o

Here in my slice of Texas the Xbox seems to be the preffered system. Myself I like the PS2 and the Gamecube, I thought they had the best exclusives, but the Xbox just seems more popular. My town seems to really love the cross platform games however and EA makes a killing here. Most of the games I enjoy don't do to well except Guitar Hero which seems to be a breakout hit at my store.

The 'Cube seems to be a kid only system here for some reason.

I guess it depends on where you're from. Whenever my friends and I want to play a game, we usually jump to the cube first.

Guitar Hero is really cool. I see it attracting all kinds of people at my local Best Buy. I can't wait to see what the Wii can do ;D!

Its a bad idea. But ill pick up the system because of the nintendo backwards comp. feature.

I wouldn't call it a bad idea. A bad name? Yes. A bad idea? No.

Nintendo just pulled off a master marketting move. Despite the crap name, they just stole the spotlight just in time for E3, and have gotton loads apon loads of free advertising all across the internet + word of mouth. They probably just increased their future sales four - tenfold just by this little name change. :whistle:

Going in the opposite direction of all the lamo jokes that have been made with wii, I stand here reminding every hater and non-Nintendo advocate out there that:

Wii will...Wii will...rock you!

Thank you.

I don't find anything wrong with this and it just brings the whole idea that Nintendo has about moving into new areas of gaming together. All those haters out there will be shocked to find that Wii indeed will open up some fresh new thinking to old ways, with regards to gaming. I for one am for change as I've always thought that gaming in this day and age should be more than what you see and hear but a whole experience that captures all your senses and gets you involved with the game.

HE talks so much about gameplay, but he mentions that they want everyone to play. **** everyone. I want games that gamers want to play, like GTA, Halo, etc. I don't want to sit down and play some gay ass fishing game with my grandma.

lmao! i kinda agree with you, but i dont think nintendo is trying to compete with 360/ps3.. they're aiming to be a secondary console ..that you use when you feel like fishing with ur grandma. when ur done, you pop in Halo 3 and fire up your 360!

good post though :rofl:

I think the fact that Nintendo wants to be different is getting to their head.

ITS NOT ABOUT YOU , ITS NOT ABOUT ME... its about we.... DOES NO ONE GET IT. IT IS SO FRIKKIN CORNY THO

We get it, but as you say, its so corny that we try to ignore it.

Hmm sad, 3 things I'm not really looking forward to in this console. The new name, The controller (although its different from everyone else), and the last thing I want to see is more mario , yes its nintendo's icon star, but seriously get something new, I dont mean get rid of, just come up with something new, playing the same game characters for the past 20 years has become very boring for me. Hopefully will se better games than their last console, (don't get me wrong I've beea fanboy every since Nintendo's Original)