Yet another Logo request.

Question

I know there are a ton of logo threads already but can you blame anyone? Some of logos created here are amazing. So I thought I would give it a go. The logo is for a small computer parts store. The name is flickerdown. We have a contest that started today over there but I had to post this here to see what you guys come up with. Here is the basics of the post on flickerdown.

Folks,

Vincent and I sat down on our respective sides of the continent and decided that along with the new store, we needed a little rebranding. The logo we've got in use was never intended to carry beyond the forum and smaller dealings and the time has come to strike at the professionalism aspect of things.

To that end, what we're looking for is simple (but oh so complex!):

1.) A Forum logo

2.) A two/three colour business card logo

3.) A Store logo

All images need to be in GIF, JPEG, and EPS (that's post-script) formats. Colours should be Pantone and CLEARLY (and i mean CLEARLY) denoted in an accompanying text file.

There are no restrictions on color (just not pink or black/white composite).

Basically, you will have the whole month of May to complete this project and can post as many comps as you want in a thread that I will start for this project. At the end of May, Vincent and I (and prolly Cory...gotta ask him first) will sit down and pick the top 3 finalists.

Once the Top 3 are chosen, we will ask those particular individuals to finalize their designs and submit them to us, making any last minute tweaks that we feel necessary. The top 3 will have 2 weeks to make changes and re-submit and....then we pick the finalist.

"So, Dave, what do WE get out of it?"

Since you ask...

1.) The Top 3 finalists will receive a coupon code good for 5% off 1 ITEM under $500.00 in the store.

2.) The Finalist, in addition to the coupon mentioned in point 1, will get $100.00 via Paypal (that's $100.00 SENT to you, aside from fees that you may incur) to use as they see fit.

So, let the GAMES BEGIN!!!

I'm going out of town tonight and I'm usually gone for 2-3 weeks. Usually have access to Internet but sometimes it takes a while. If you have any questions that you need answered right away you can post over at flickerdown if you don't want to wait for me to answer here.

The site url is

flickerdown.com

Edited by Nix

One of my ideas, easy to reproduce and also fits in nicely on a forum, obviously I can add colour(s) but for now here's the logo in it's classic black and white glory

flickerdownlogos1xo.th.jpg

Sorry its taking so song to respond. Some of these logs are great. I didn't write the original post just quoted what my partner wrote. We are really not looking for three different logos but just some way to make it work for other items. Hope that explains it. If its just one logo that shrinks down well that's fine also.

I'm still out of town but will be back soon, so keep up the good work! Really impress with some of these.

Nice logos bioshadow :o :laugh: Those look really well though and professional. Just one small question, what font are you using?

Edit: nvm found it (Y)

Edited by dadan121

Well May is almost up and this is coming to a close. Just thought I would mention that we are adding a AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ Retail Box to the winner!! So hurry and get your entries in!

Well May is almost up and this is coming to a close. Just thought I would mention that we are adding a AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ Retail Box to the winner!! So hurry and get your entries in!

OMFG. I'll be making another attempt.

Please don't close until monday, I'll fiddle around again tomorrow.

I've already entered this contest with a couple of logos, but I've got a new idea.

the second one screams "symantec" to me...

hmm... just checked their website, i see the resemblance.. it's orange and black orb... but its different enough.

i realised when i finished that it's fairly poor compared to most of these, so i gave up and didnt bother changing the text which has become weird and pixelated

post-124962-1148741121.png