TV replacement

So the newer samsungs arent that much different? I mean if theres a huge difference i can return it and get the 42 inch newer model, i just need to know what the differences

So the newer samsungs arent that much different? I mean if theres a huge difference i can return it and get the 42 inch newer model, i just need to know what the differences

Not much in the smaller sets with the exception of 2 HDMI ports and such.

The new White Westinghouse LCD HDTV 1080p sets have the new HDMI input so it can accept "and" display native 1080p content.

The Westinghouse still sucks.

The Westinghouse still sucks.

That isn't the point is it and you know it. The fact is that I just told people that they do have a choice for a true 1080p set that can both accept and display 1080p signals. Also for the price this is one of the best sets available and reviews and people from such sites as AVSForum have all said this. I bet you would also say that Sanyo TV sets suck just because only Walmart sells them when the fact is that Sanyo sets have one of the lowest defective and return rates in the field. Sanyo TVs have very very good build quality considering their price and of course this can be done because of the millions more Walmart sells compared to any brand today. The power of volume can and does speak volumes. But I do like how you just say everything sucks just because its (insert brand here) or this (insert price here). What is funny is that I do have a projector theater room that cost me about 60 grand and a surround sound system that cost another 40 grand for a grand total of 100 grand for my theater room and system. So all TV sets and surround sound sets must suck compared to mine. The fact is that many sets are great values and don't suck at all for the price you pay for them. Yes many sets are better but they are also more expensive too. From now on I would like you to quit saying everything sucks without backing it up. Prove why it sucks based on the prices being charged before you open your mouth again. You have shown these last few days you don't know as much as you make it out to be and its quite sad.

I say the Westinghouse set sucks because I have seen and worked with their sets including their 1080p model from last year. They are horrible. I have seen and spent time configuring this year's models too. They were even worse. The color reproduction is poor at best and they lack the fineness of sets from companies like sharp or samsung. They have improved in terms of black levels (much better than last year) and panel response, but the washed out colors and grainy, unrefined picture still turn me off. Maybe "suck" was a bad word to use and, you're right, I should have said more, but I still do not agree with your recommendation of the company's products. Recent software issues on some of their sets this year have only soured me more. Maybe their sets will get better next year, but we'll have to see.

When I say a TV sucks, however, I say it with experience. First hand experience, nonethless. I don't give a damn about the brand on the front (believe it or not, I do recommend smaller companies such as Polariod and Insignia and Sylvania when the situation calls for it and the particular product is good). The picture and only the picture matters. You may not agree, but dont ever question the integrity of my opinions when it comes to this. Anyone here will tell you outright that I will never give conclusive judgements on anything I haven't gotten my hands on. I know as much as I know and nothing more than that (Yogi-ism, I guess).

If you want to save some money on a set and still get an amazing set, look at Sharp or their rebadged stuff from HP. They cost less than the other two "S" companies and aren't too much more than a Westinghouse. I'm not a big fan of Sharp as a company, but that's the way to go if you want a cheaper set that actually has some quality. But, to come in a thread where a guy bought a Samsung DLP and say a Westinghouse would be something to compare is crazy. He got a great set and should be proud. What he lacks in 1080p resolution, he makes up for in other areas, including reliability and overall picture quality.

Edited by bangbang023

So i watched my first dvd with a samsung dvdhd860 and there were black bars.. so im thinking of returning it and getting the sony n75

So i watched my first dvd with a samsung dvdhd860 and there were black bars.. so im thinking of returning it and getting the sony n75

You are going to get the black bars on movies that aren't 16:9 and many aren't. Changing the player isn't going to change that.