Canon EOS-350D

Hi,

I have a Canon Powershot A80 which i have been really pleased with, especially with being able to just 'point & shoot', and the picture being really clear etc.

But I see their are some offers around with regards to the EOS-350D and wonder if I should upgrade.

Will this camera be as easy to use as my current one? and what imporvements will I notice?

Thanks

Robert

of course it will be not easy.

The A80 is a point and shoot while the 350D/XT is a digital slr. A digital reflex camera for professional works.

I've had a Canon EOS 350D for over a year now. Have taken 22,000 shots with it - I go out photographing just about every weekend.

I only shoot in RAW. It takes fabulous shots - with a good lens, its amazingly clear and sharp.

My favourite lens is a 300mm L series telephoto coupled with a 1.4x extender (making it 420mm). Its a fantastic big lens - great for both wildlife & close up photography.

Apart from a wide angle lens, also have a 100mm macro lens - great for both macro and general photography.

Invest in quality lenses , a nice big flash card and you'll be amazed at the quality of shots.

Its a robost camera, easy to use. I never regretted moving from my Nikon E8700 point & shoot to the Canon.

I just upgraded from a Canon A520 PowerShot (point-and-shoot) to a Rebel XT a few months ago and I'm very glad I did. It is a great DSLR but be warned, DSLRs are a money trap as you're always going to want the better lenses. The kit lense is a good starter; get a decent memory card (I got a 2GB CompactFlash card from Newegg for $90 and I never have to worry about running out of space) and a nice tripod and you'll be set for a while.