Post your workstations

my desk is really simple and clean because i mostly use my laptop but i guess we all need to use windows at some point, desk:

desk2.jpg

^^ haha, i try to not touch it :| lol, yeah it does get greasy tho...with fingerprints only :shifty: , gotta clean it every couple of days

wizard_thumb.jpg< < snip > >laptop_thumb.jpg

HTC Wizard, Dell Inspiron 9400

PLEASE don't post pictures to bypass the word filter - Frank

Edited by Frank

Did a touch of rearranging yesterday, moved the 700m up to the monitor platform so I have more desk space. With the beauty of Synergy, I don't need to touch the laptop to use it! My main workstation on the two 19" LCDs is Ubuntu Dapper Drake, and I have a Windows workstation connected to the secondary input on the right-side monitor. I also access that using the same keyboard and mouse, via Synergy.

1_thumb.jpg

Click for full size

Did a touch of rearranging yesterday, moved the 700m up to the monitor platform so I have more desk space. With the beauty of Synergy, I don't need to touch the laptop to use it! My main workstation on the two 19" LCDs is Ubuntu Dapper Drake, and I have a Windows workstation connected to the secondary input on the right-side monitor. I also access that using the same keyboard and mouse, via Synergy.

1_thumb.jpg

Click for full size

Ok so that is pretty nice I must say..

Looks normal to me. :huh:

Really. The photograph, on the desk, in the frame. The one where you have to tilt your head to the right to see the people's faces. Maybe the orientation of the picture is just weird, like they were laying down or something, but it really looks like it should be placed horizontally.

Is it harder typing on those small/mini keyboards??

It was at first but you get used to it. Then it actually improves your performance on any keyboard because you learn how to be more careful when typing.

I have it because I dont have much desk space so if I have a big keyboard there is very little room for the mouse to move.

i know i have i have a small desk but i found a full size keyboard down the shed but its smaller than normal so i have some more space to move my mouse.

Here is my self built system with the DELL widescreen that I had to save up for what seems like ages. The desk is made from a solid piece of a Teak root. Such a piece of furniture would costs a fortune in the States or Europe but was less than $100 here in beautiful Thailand. Cannot see the external Hard drive, Linksys WiFi, or the switch (they are behind the computer). There is also a Satellite Router for my two way Satellite Broadband system that delivers 1024 kbps down and 512 kbps upstream. Expensive monthly cost, but, necessary due to there being no phone lines at the edge of Earth.

computer%20desk.jpg

Here is my self built system with the DELL widescreen that I had to save up for what seems like ages. The desk is made from a solid piece of a Teak root. Such a piece of furniture would costs a fortune in the States or Europe but was less than $100 here in beautiful Thailand. Cannot see the external Hard drive, Linksys WiFi, or the switch (they are behind the computer). There is also a Satellite Router for my two way Satellite Broadband system that delivers 1024 kbps down and 512 kbps upstream. Expensive monthly cost, but, necessary due to there being no phone lines at the edge of Earth.

Any chance you can take some more pics of your desk... that wood looks stunning :yes:

Saving for a Dell WideScreen TFT and not having money to buy a decent desk? :blink:

What's wrong with you? That's a beautiful desk. I'm pretty sure he uses that by choice, not because he can't afford something else. Not everyone needs a huge workspace around their computer.