Cable card vs Cable box

I recently purchased a new tv and it supports the digital cable card. My question is, is there any benefit to using the cable card over the cable box? I am currently using a Motorola HD dual tuner DVR as my cable box. I know if I choose to use the cable card... I will loose the ability of getting on-demand movies and obviously would switch over to TiVo. Right now I am using HDMI output from the box to my tv.

You lose both the guide and the on-demand functionality. I also believe you would lose the dual tuner functionality since CableCard 1.0 only supports one feed. I would stick with the box, to be honest.

i prefer cable card. i depise having such a butt fugly cable box and requiring two remotes to operate the tv. it's just not intuitive. i can careless about on-demand.

note: not every have have a universial remote. some tv have built-in tv guide.

i prefer cable card. i depise having such a butt fugly cable box and requiring two remotes to operate the tv. it's just not intuitive. i can careless about on-demand.

note: not every have have a universial remote. some tv have built-in tv guide.

The built in TV Guide service is notoriously unreliable. Most cable remotes let you turn on the TV using the cable remote so you only need to TV remote when switching sources or configuring menu options. A universal remote would solve that just as easily.

The built in TV Guide service is notoriously unreliable. Most cable remotes let you turn on the TV using the cable remote so you only need to TV remote when switching sources or configuring menu options. A universal remote would solve that just as easily.

the tv guide from my area seems very accurate. i also really hate watching tv under other sources. it just doesn't feel right. the tv has a tuner, i have this urge to MUST use my built in tv tuner. and, having a cable box takes up one hdmi port. most tv's only have one or two. that's too precious! lol

I understand, but you still lose too much, IMO, especially since he's using a dual tuner DVR. When I said the guide is unreliable, I meant that it goes down too often. They are promising a revamped service, but time will tell.

thanks all for the responses.... normally i wasnt even going to consider it.. but I am getting ready to move over to PA from NJ and was just getting ready to set up my new cable and they asked if I wanted cable card or box... i think the dual tuner is a must have.. i just recently upgraded from a single tuner and I dont think i can go back to that..