Spam?

I got this email today from "Mr. Mark" (Wcross99@hotmail.com) with the subject " hi :-) "

Hey,

My name is "TheCrossMovement", and I am one of the Moderators at for the BetaNet Forums. This e-mail is simply to invite you to come and check us out at: http://www.dblclan.net/BetaNet/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

There is NO obligation to sign up for anything.....least *I* wouldn;t impose that upon you. All I'm asking is for you to come give us a look. if you've ever needed help with a windows problem, we have lots of excellent tech support ppl who know what they are talking about to answer any questions you may have. We also have an excellent downloads section where U can grab quick DL links to certain apps, etc. There's also a requests section to make specific requests.

I'll be honest with you though. Neowin is a super site and I visit it regularly. But we need more members at BetaNet too, and it really is also a great place to be for all your beta needs&questions. I'm not just saying that, nor am I getting paid to say it. It really is pretty neat with lotsa nice people whom are very helpful. A lot of people from Winbeta are now Mods over there as well. People like "BearCat" and "AngelDeath"(creator of the Reset Crack).

So, feel free to come give us a look. if you like what you see, sign up and become a member and support us in our pledge to share Beta software, etc. But you don't have to, just remember that.

Thanks so much for your time. Take Care & have a great day. :-)

Sincerely,

TheCrossMovement

BetaNet Forums Moderator

Are they leaching email addresses from neowin and spamming them to come visit their site or did you let them do this? Either way its very odd and I dont want me email address given out if this is something you authorized.

Kibler

we did not authorize this and as I understand it a member of Betanet forums (not admin or a mod) took it upon himself to do this.

I can only say sorry for this and its bad news that ANYONE leeches anyones email off a site, but it happens, sorry again :(

Ah yes just saw the post in the general forums, sorry I started another thread about it in here.

Its alright no big deal :-). I even refrained from sending back a nasty reply heheh.....

I HATE spam and will do anything to stop it....realizing that there isnt much :-(....

Kibler