• Germans
    • French
    • British
    • Japanese
    • Chinese
    • Koreans
    • Russians
    • Israelis

I personally think that, in order, the British, Germans, and Japanese soldiers are the best. The British have proven their capabilities three-hundred years ago, and even in North Africa in WWII. As for the Germans, they started both of the World Wars and would have succeeded had the Americans not interfered. In fact, I believe the Germans are the most motivated and committed. As for the Japanese, they defeated the European powers in Asia and conquered the continent with ease; they are also motivated and are very patriotic.

American soldiers shoot at everything that moves. Including Coalition convoys.

:D Funny, funny

I don't think the Americans are that good because they aren't as motivated. Plus, they're way to wealthy to be dedicated to fight any wars.

:D Funny, funny

I don't think the Americans are that good because they aren't as motivated. Plus, they're way to wealthy to be dedicated to fight any wars.

So you see them in action alot or even served?

So you see them in action alot or even served?

Well, the fact that they lost in Vietnam and against the Chinese in North Korea shows me something.

Guys, excluding technology.

Well, the fact that they lost in Vietnam and against the Chinese in North Korea shows me something.

Well for starters Vietnam was 35-45 years ago, different time different army. Also during Vietnam it was a drafted Army, and a drafted army is never motivated unless they are defending their own land/property/family etc... . Secondly if you are determing the win/lose category by defining it as the lack of conquering the land and people then alright. In Vietnam, America won the majority of battles and had less casualities and wounded.

The US military didn't lose to the Chinese - Truman just didn't want to risk all-out war with China and so didn't allow bombing of Chinese forces massing across the border. We also had fought the Chinese to a standstill along what's now the DMZ, so in any case we weren't losing. As for Vietnam, it's a lot more complicated than just "we lost." It was a combination of the fact that, as military "advisors", we weren't fighting an all-out war to defeat the north Vietnamese, but had our hands tied because we were just helping South Vietnam, and because it's really, really difficult to defeat an enemy that can disappear into the jungle and the civilian population at will. Incidentally, we did learn a lot about the weaknesses of US training from the jungle combat in Vietnam, which has been incorporated into the Army.

Well for starters Vietnam was 35-45 years ago, different time different army. Also during Vietnam it was a drafted Army, and a drafted army is never motivated unless they are defending their own land/property/family etc... . Secondly if you are determing the win/lose category by defining it as the lack of conquering the land and people then alright. In Vietnam, America won the majority of battles and had less casualities and wounded.

Don't get me wrong, friend, I have great respect for the American army. It was the one that saved the world several times, so I have no doubts about its abilities. You're right about the Vietnam War, but I think in the Korean War when the Chinese pushed the Americans back, it signified that the Chinese might be equally strong.

did you serve in the army?

someone has to redit the polls and add more countries.

I'm not a mod, so I can't change it :(

Americans and the British, because both of them are the best on all terrain. Land, water, and air their the best.

but I think in the Korean War when the Chinese pushed the Americans back, it signified that the Chinese might be equally strong.

did you serve in the army?

This occured because the Chinese sent tens of thousands of soldiers over the hills. The Americans were unprepared for such a huge wave assault and therefore had no choice but to retreat. The current Chinese army, although I don't know how well they are trained I would little based on the budget, but their general philosophy remains the same "overwhlem your enemy by force of numbers. Although it is my recent understanding that they are changing that philosophy by investing in alot of technology for their military.

Yes I did serve and I enjoyed working with various foreign militaries.

"They" didn't loose the vietnam war.......the POLITICIANS did.....

H*ll, if the soldiers would of had the backing of the entire U.S. government,

they would have laid waste to the entire country of North Vietnam in months.

The reason the peace talks were restarted was because the U.S. AirForce

bombed the h*ll out of the North Vietnamese during Linebacker 2 (dec 72).

:alien:

This occured because the Chinese sent tens of thousands of soldiers over the hills. The Americans were unprepared for such a huge wave assault and therefore had no choice but to retreat. The current Chinese army, although I don't know how well they are trained I would little based on the budget, but their general philosophy remains the same "overwhlem your enemy by force of numbers. Although it is my recent understanding that they are changing that philosophy by investing in alot of technology for their military.

Yes I did serve and I enjoyed working with various foreign militaries.

Right on.

I'm thinking about attending a military academy right now, but can't decide whether I should or not. From what I've seen on the military channel, your officers yell at you a lot. Sometimes the soldiers even cry.

Right on.

I'm thinking about attending a military academy right now, but can't decide whether I should or not. From what I've seen on the military channel, your officers yell at you a lot. Sometimes the soldiers even cry.

Which one were youy considering? Yes they do yell alot at least initially because they are trying to break your old habits and condition your mind to be more disciplind among other attributes that will serve you as a leader.

American soldiers shoot at everything that moves. Including Coalition convoys.

What are you trying to do, start another war? EVERY nation has had friendly fire incidents including our own army, bud. So don't play so bloody high and mighty. Have you served? Sign up and show us all how to prevent these incidents.

as far as wins and losses go, i'd say vietnam. regardless how you want to call it... battle of attrition(kills to death ratio), etc.. the fact remains and is recorded as such out of all of US involved wars, US could not accomplish it's mission to "liberate" or deter the communist spread through-out southern asia. = mission failed

David and Goliath war...

as far as the ppl i hear claiming a war in this century is won based of kills to deaths ratio, that's asinine.

ie... this current war that the US has declared "terrorism" for example, sure, one can state the fact that US is winning because of higher kill to death ratio compared to the opposing forces. my perdiction is the US will fail in it's ridiculous objective to force other countries to it's "will" of democracy/capitalistic views.

Right on.

Yeah...its all part of conditioning. Your officers yell at you, make you do back breaking work, make you dress the same, look the same, eat the same work the same. Its part of breaking down your own personality and making you taking on the creid and value of the army.

What are you trying to do, start another war? EVERY nation has had friendly fire incidents including our own army, bud. So don't play so bloody high and mighty. Have you served? Sign up and show us all how to prevent these incidents.

Thank you but no. I'd have to be out of options before I considered joining any military.