New Super Mario Bros. - 9.5

I concur... 3d mario just ruined the mario/ninteno vibe for me. Im too much a fan of sidescroll mario, and topdown zelda to like this new fancy fandangled crap. Zelda Minish Cap was awesome, and nothing has come close to origional mario bros, and super mario world 3 for me.

ya i lost interest in mario once 64 hit and the sidescrolling ended.. i really wanna play this game now tho, as the 3d mario just isn't the mario that we all think of when we hear mario (we think back to the nintendo/super nintendo days).. mmm gotta love that throwback feel :)

SMB3 is the best side-scrolling mario, I played it since I was born :laugh:

Super Mario 64 was awesome :D

But this...this loooks stunning :|

-Rich-

EDIT: ^^^ yeah i'm really really tempted to get a DS now, especially if a Zelda DS is released on it :D

I am a strict PC gamer when I do play a game if any at all, however i did use to play Super Mario Bros back in the days, and now I just feel like playing this game. Might just buy this Nintendo DS or whatever it is called.

I agree that 2D Mario is cool...but Mario 64 is probably the best game of all time...it changed how every platformer has been made till this DAY!!! over 10 YEARS AGO.

I have a DS and will be buying this next week.

Well the revolution Mario 64 sparked hasn't been all good. Compare Castlevania SoTN to Lament of Innocence for example. Granted Nintendo is one of the only companies that's made their 2D series into 3D and kept them fun and playable, 2D game are still supreme in my eyes. Really looking forward to this.

SMB3 is the best side-scrolling mario, I played it since I was born :laugh:

Super Mario 64 was awesome :D

But this...this loooks stunning :|

-Rich-

EDIT: ^^^ yeah i'm really really tempted to get a DS now, especially if a Zelda DS is released on it :D

Gotta agree with that, I just completed SMB3 yesterday and it's the most rewarding platform game I've ever played.

Zelda DS is coming out btw, it looks awesome ;)

The last great Super Mario game I played was Super Mario World. I love that game and still play on the emulator a few times a month. 64 was good but it just didn't feel the same to me.

I can't wait for this. Finally a game that peaks my anticipation level (it's been a loooong time for that).

I wish they would put this game out for the GC or the Wii... It would be awesome to sit around with some friends and play some old-style Mario again...

I wish they would put this game out for the GC or the Wii... It would be awesome to sit around with some friends and play some old-style Mario again...

What's stopping you? Me and my friends took turns on Mario Bros 1 last night. Played TMNT and Contra too.

I concur... 3d mario just ruined the mario/ninteno vibe for me. Im too much a fan of sidescroll mario, and topdown zelda to like this new fancy fandangled crap. Zelda Minish Cap was awesome, and nothing has come close to origional mario bros, and super mario world 3 for me.

Ocarina of Time is a great game

So I went ahead and ordered a DS Lite from Lik-Sang.com, I will be in Europe when it is release here in the US...freaking A! Can't wait to get this game :)