New Super Mario Bros. - 9.5

ZOMG it's awesome!! :woot: It really has the feel of the original SMB. Sounds really good through headphones too. I've only had a few mins with it so far, but so far so good for sure. Good old school action :yes:

Does anyone get the feeling that this is going to be THE GAME to make the DS what it is, especially in the states? To me, it seems to be what Halo was to the Xbox, the game to sell consoles. I'm with quite a few people in this thread in that I'm going to buy a DS Lite just for this game. That's going to be like $160 just for one game and I'm down for it.

Time to get a DS.

Heck yeah. DS Lite is about to be released too! Those boys at nintendo really know how to suck my money away.

(this will cut into my revo... *ahem* Wii fund, though) :no:

Still trying to figure that out. I think it may have something to do with collecting all the coins on each world? I don't know...

Edit: Oooooh, I just found out you can be Luigi by holding L+R and then hitting a when selecting your save.

Edited by Ji@nBing

I reserved a copy at EB yesterday, and went pick it up today right after school, and let me tell u.. it's as fun as u thought!

The multiplayer, which I havn't tried, looks very good.

A big bonus is the countless Mini games! Action, Puzzle, and table games.. there are at least 20.. and guess what.. u can play all of them have multiplayer! The only down side to it is that it doesn't support Wi-Fi.. But if u want Wifi Mario game, get the mario kart!

This game is going to last me sooooooooo long.

maybe 10 years later, when virtual reality mario comes out (can u imagine? lol!) i'll still be like "I miss the DS Mario days..."

I'm trying to not do something stupid like buy this game before the DS Lite comes out just to ensure I will have a copy of this with my DS the day I get it.

00001.jpg

Does anybody know how to access this snow ball fighting game? Is it unlocked or something? Cause I tried all the mini games, it's not in there...

Does anyone get the feeling that this is going to be THE GAME to make the DS what it is, especially in the states? To me, it seems to be what Halo was to the Xbox, the game to sell consoles. I'm with quite a few people in this thread in that I'm going to buy a DS Lite just for this game. That's going to be like $160 just for one game and I'm down for it.

completely agree.

hopefully this proves to nintendo that there is still a huge market that loves the sidescrolling games, giving them incentive to shift a bit more focus in that direction.

A big bonus is the countless Mini games! Action, Puzzle, and table games.. there are at least 20.. and guess what.. u can play all of them have multiplayer! The only down side to it is that it doesn't support Wi-Fi.. But if u want Wifi Mario game, get the mario kart!

It doesn't support wifi? damn. I don't know many gamers so I won't get to play multiplayer then.

It doesn't support wifi? damn. I don't know many gamers so I won't get to play multiplayer then.

Just wait till DS lite is out, and u probably will find a couple ppl with it hehe

Just wait till DS lite is out, and u probably will find a couple ppl with it hehe

You don't understand, I don't know any gamers at all, in the real world at least. My friends are some of the least technical/gamerish you can get.

You don't understand, I don't know any gamers at all, in the real world at least. My friends are some of the least technical/gamerish you can get.

Least gamerish they might be, Mario bro should still be known and liked.

Convince them to get the Lite and Mario Bro bundle! :yes:

or if they want a cheap old one, i'm thinking to sell mine and get a Lite instead. :p

Come tax time I'm getting me a DS lite (I've been waiting ages for the DS Lite to come out here in Au) and I might have to get this game for it, looks fun :happy:

I've already ordered a copy of Metroid Prime: Hunters for my DS Lite for when it arrives in June, but I may also pick up a copy of this. I love the classic Mario games.