[Definitive] Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

On my way back to the Roosevelt Hotel from a delicious and nutritious breakfast I spotted some possible Microsoft employees getting their car valet parked. As I passed the car, shouts of "Don't show that shirt! Don't show that shirt!" caught my attention. I look over and there is a man sporting a brown and gold Halo 3 t-shirt.

The Microsoft post-press event and party are both being held at the Roosevelt, so I'm pretty sure that's legit. We'll find out in just 60 minutes if the rumors are true.

Kotaku.com

Holy ****.

what can Microsoft show us after we've already seen Nintendos and Sonys show :p.

Why you had to push PS3 into this? Their show failed.

They showed us (Well, me) nothing impressive. Microsoft can show us new incredible games, on a working and running system. Not some CGI.

what can Microsoft show us after we've already seen Nintendos and Sonys show

They will have their work cut out for them to beat Nintendo's show. As for Sony, as long as Microsoft can keep everyone from falling asleep beating them should be no problem.

Apparently it is already under way, but we aren't allowed to watch it live. Nintendo has so much more class than the other two. The blog reports make the Microsoft conference sound like a war zone. No cameras alloed either. :|

people gasping at Gears of War 1st level, incredible lighting and physics

from Eurogamer:

14:44.00 -

Chucking a grenade using a blue arc to gauge distance. More hanging bodies. The level of detail on the character model is fantastic. Oops, enemies cutting through door.

14:43.29 -

Leaps over block, shoots shotgun round corner. Bit of pausing now and then but generally very smooth. Very fierce, heavy metal gunplay.

14:42.55 -

Over the shoulder look as the two chars try to break out of military prison. Nice crash zoom on dead bodies as they kick down a door. The level of detail is amazing, with a huge rocket hitting a tower that tumbles down.

Fighting in the rubble, ducking out into a close over-shoulder views to take out enemies up on balconies. Blood gushing like syrup from wounds. Swapping between four weapons, close-combat evisceration.

13:55.30 -

Paperboy too. Midway, Namco and Konami shown up. Sonic's "heading up our partnership with my old friends at Sega". Shared heritage, he says.

13:55.10 -

"A major expansion". Logos - Dig-Dug, New Rally-X, Ms Pac-Man. "Doesn't stop there." The arcade portfolio of Konami.

13:54.25 -

New Live Arcade titles: Pac-Man, Contra, Frogger, Galaga, Sonic the Hedgehog, Defender, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting, Time Pilot, Ultra Mortal Kombat 3, Scramble.

Eurogamer

Joystiq reports Frogger too.

This is awesome.

-Spenser

Son of a b*tch. I didn't want a 360 or Vista...but I want that game. Damn it.

Me on the other hand, I want vista, I'm going to geta 360. and I sure as hell am gonna get that game :)

3:01 pm - Second-wave 360 titles: Lost Planet, Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis, Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, Mass Effect, NHL 2k7 (2K Sports), Too Human, Viva Pinata, Moto GP, F.E.A.R., LoTR Battle for Middle Earth, Sonic the Hedgehog, Madden NFL 07, World Series Poker, Saint's Row, John Woo presents Stranglehold, Enchanted Arms, Test Drive Unlimited, NCAA Football 2007, Dead Rising, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2007, DDR Universe, Prey, NBA 2007, Crackdown, 99 Nights, Gears of War, Superman Returns.

Joystiq

Also, 160 games by end of the year.

Fable 2 being shown now!

Forza 2.

-Spenser

i think only for subscribers :(

No, it says non-subscribers can watch too. Only 100k feed though.

i dont see the stream available for non-subscribers

imgse8na.jpg