• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

D50 =camera of the year?

former1    27

Hmm I don't know. I've used both a XT and D50, and found they are rather similar! I prefer the colours of the XT, but find the D50s kit lens takes a sharper pic than the kit lens of the XT.

In all honest I'd say both cameras are near the same, I personally chose the 350D over the D50 mainly because I've got small hands and to me it felt solid. Hell I dropped it on a marble floor, and it still worked no problem.. thank god :p

But apart from that, I think the most important aspect is not the camera itself - but the glass you use. : )

Just my 0.02.

Ian.

Pink Floyd    15

hehe yeah you can pray God!

My heart would stop is I had felt on the floor! ugh

former1    27

hehe yeah you can pray God!

My heart would stop is I had felt on the floor! ugh

You have no idea what state I was in :p I was just panicking like crazy.. I think I would've panicked less had I been hit by a car xD

BrentNewbury    1

I've had almost no problem with my camera, I must admit that the noise level at 1600 ISO is quite noticable, but hey, you expect that from any camera at 1600 ISO.

I've not read any reviews for the Nikon D50, but they are generally good cameras. I've always seen reviews for the top DSLR's in a certain range to be (1st) Canon 20D, (2nd) Nikon D10 (3rd) Canon 350D.

Timmah    1

Well aren't you special :rolleyes:

He said what we're all thinking.

We've had this shutter life discussion before and it eventually boiled down to nothing - Nikon have never released the shutter life figures and many users here and elsewhere have surpassed 50,000 exposures sans problem.

WastedJoker    20

I love my D50. It's my first DSLR so I can't really compare it to any others but it does everything I need.

I'm slowly bankrupting myself buying accessories though :(

I'll be broke next month when I buy myself a tripod/macro lens.

Pink Floyd    15
I love my D50. It's my first DSLR so I can't really compare it to any others but it does everything I need.

I'm slowly bankrupting myself buying accessories though :(

hehe welcome in the club of buying equipements! :/

Deciever    0

I'm slowly bankrupting myself buying accessories though

hehe welcome in the club of buying equipements! :/

Yea I was very close to purchasing the Rebel XT 2 weeks ago which would bring my bank account near broke but I was just gonna kept half of it on my card for a month... then I saw all the lenses I'd have to get.... and the cost of an IS lens oo. Unfortunetly unless it is going to make me money I am gonna have to opt out of it.... other than computers my most expensive hobby only cost me $300 (coins collection) and even computers never costed me much more than $300 in a one month time span..... well I supose my computer doesn't actually make me... actually come to think about it it makes me about $200 a month =). I update a local shoppers website weekly. Lucky for me I found a way to automate the task so now once I get the original files I just run it through a macro script :whistle: .........automation is the key to everything, as long as no one knows.

I hope settling for the Panasonic DMC-ZF7 will do me good, but I don't expect the world of it if I set the ISO to 200 and beyond... I just don't get it, how can nikon SLR's and canon SLR's be so clear at high ISO's yet almost every prosumer(non-slr) camera likes like crap in comparison... guess they just don't use big enough sensors unless you lay down the big bucks.

Edited by Deciever

Island Roots    0
Yea I was very close to purchasing the Rebel XT 2 weeks ago which would bring my bank account near broke but I was just gonna kept half of it on my card for a month... then I saw all the lenses I'd have to get.... and the cost of an IS lens oo. Unfortunetly unless it is going to make me money I am gonna have to opt out of it.... other than computers my most expensive hobby only cost me $300 (coins collection) and even computers never costed me much more than $300 in a one month time span..... well I supose my computer doesn't actually make me... actually come to think about it it makes me about $200 a month =). I update a local shoppers website weekly. Lucky for me I found a way to automate the task so now once I get the original files I just run it through a macro script :whistle: .........automation is the key to everything, as long as no one knows.

I hope settling for the Panasonic DMC-ZF7 will do me good, but I don't expect the world of it if I set the ISO to 200 and beyond... I just don't get it, how can nikon SLR's and canon SLR's be so clear at high ISO's yet almost every prosumer(non-slr) camera likes like crap in comparison... guess they just don't use big enough sensors unless you lay down the big bucks.

That is one thing you need to be aware of, once you get into the DSLR market it becomes a money trap. You get hooked and want bigger, faster lenses.

I purchased a Rebel XT a couple months ago with a kit lense and I'm looking to expend my equipment with a telephoto IS lense...there's an easy $600 right there.

You definitely need to be mature/wise with your money if you get into photography as a hobby or else you can dig yourself a hole really quickly.

Bawx    0

Atleast you're past the denial part.

The next step is to kick the addiction to the camera.

www.crackheads-with-cameras.com

JAYKAY

I want a camera so bad. =/

Deciever    0

whoa Bawx this is weird but last night I dreamed I was the actor in your sig all the way to the left and knew something that someone did not want me to know probably the government and now I do not remember what it was.... but eventually they caught up with me and did to me what they did to someone else in my dream gave me a shot of something but instead of it killing me like it did the other it just made me mentally retarded and I could hardly form a sentence which thus prevented me from telling my(his) family what it was I knew or what they did to me and they acted like nothing was wrong with me.

Rarely do I have dream, at least ones that I can remember and why I remembered that one I have no idea o0, and that was completely off topic but I just had to say it.

Pink Floyd    15

so did you finally find the link shrm03?

I want to read the Nikon announcement and see if my wife's camera will be junk soon or not

Maybe selling the camera ... :whistle: