Crouch (Liverpool),

Walcott (Arsenal).

Stand Bys -

Carson (Liverpool),

Young (Charlton),

Reo-Coker (West Ham),

Defoe (Tottenham),

Johnson (Crystal Palace).

In my opinion i cant see why Johnson/Bent/King/Morrinson/Richardson havent been put in the main squad, but Bridge (injured all season), Hargreaves (Don't rate him), Walcott (Hasnt played in premiership and Jenas (been better Tottenham players) have been. GRRR

That list of strickers is pretty worrying when you consider Rooney almost certainly wont play and Owen has been injured for a while.

Whenever Ferdinand and James are playing I can't even watch the tv, sure they have their good times but they are so so so unreliable and make such monumental and stupid mistakes they make me so angry lol, hopefully Robinson won't get injured.

The midfield should be rock solid with Cole, Beckham, Gerrard and Lampard... can't think of a better one in the world right now.

I'd liked to have Sean Wright-Phillips in the team for sure, I don't understand why he wasn't picked because he hasn't played enough games, but Wallcott was. Fowler has been on form too, shame he didn't make it.

Someone needs to bat Sven over the head. Wright-Phillips needs to be in the squad. Hargreaves is just a donkey, and Walcott... well i think sven is closing his eyes and pretending its another Rooney, which is WAY to big a gamble. The kid hasn't even kicked a ball in the premiership yet. Richardson and Bent should really be in the squad too.

I can understand him keeping King out because of his injury, but he is much much more likely to be fit that Rooney. It was encouraging to see Rooney walk the lap of honour at Old Trafford yesterday (although he had his spaceboot on), but I think there is very little hope of him playing. His foot might have healed, but with six weeks off training he is not going to be fit.

A bit of a surprising squad I think. I thought Defoe and Wright-Phillips would of made it into the squad. It is a bit of a gamble taking Walcott considering he has not player a Premiership game but he could be a super sub in terms of coming on the pitch as he is raw pace and when the opposition players are tiring at the end of the game it could work well?

I would of not took Hargreaves as Carrick could play in his position, and I would of took another striker just in case such as Fowler or Defoe.

I'm shocked Bent didn't make the squad, don't think he's even in the list of standby's...he's the top english scorer in the premiership this year

They left out Bent!!! He is a good player, could have alteast included in the "five-man standby list". But anyways, lots of good quality players are in the squad. Lots of hopes from the team. Now that Rooney won't play in the opening fixtures, a lot is expected from the other strikers. Crouch needs to stand up and take the initiative of being the goal scorer for England. Cole will be a player to watch too. Good Luck England :)

Can't believe that he has chosen Hargreaves, he is such a terrible player and has done nothing for England!

Can't believe that he has chosen Hargreaves, he is such a terrible player and has done nothing for England!

I go with you on that one, There are just better players than him. he proberly wont play much.

They should have taken him out and added Bent in up front as hes been very good lately.

Why the hell is Walcott been picked if he hasnt even played a premiership match yet, i admit hes alright tho.

Im also suprised Wright-Phillips is not been selected, but thats down to chelsea's fault not playing him enough.

Sven is probably going to put Walcott and Crouch up front if Rooney and Owen are injured.... :\

I think England will go 4-4-1-1, with Gerrard playing just behind Owen as Rooney will probably not be fit. That would be a good system as Gerrard excel's in that role for Liverpool.

I still think we have a good chance. We have a very strong midfield, one of the best in the world. Crouch will cause problems for the oppositions defence and as for Walcott, despite not having any premiership experience i think he will surprise alot of people at the world cup.

I was a bit surprised that Hargreeves was picked for the squad though.

Crouch needs to stand up and take the initiative of being the goal scorer for England.

It's not gonna happen though, I really think Crouch is so over rated and could snap at any minute, he never looks confident on the ball either.

ps, you need to remove one of the player from your avatar lol :whistle:

It's not gonna happen though, I really think Crouch is so over rated and could snap at any minute, he never looks confident on the ball either.

If you actually watch Liverpool's system of play a lot of the balls are relayed through Crouch, something he is excellent at. He is not the best but he deserves to be in the English squad, he is bound to get critisism because of his height.

Lets wave bye bye to Horse eh Brodel :) :rofl: !

Well he still is officially on the roll and he still is my fav, so he remains there for a while ;)